Gartner’s CMO Spend Survey 2016-2017 is out with no surprises.
For the third consecutive year, CMO budgets have increased to 12% of revenue and are fast approaching CIO budget levels.
As CMO’s grapple with the reality that the pace of evolution of Martech outstrips most expectations of getting your in-house or SaaS Martech stack ‘perfect’. Some key data insights from the report:
- Marketing Budgets Continue Their Steady Ascent in 2016, Climbing to 12% of Company Revenue
- A Majority of Marketers Expect 2017 Budget Increases, but the Percent Bracing for a Cut Has Gone From 3% to 14% Over the Last Two Years
- CMO Marketing Tech Spending Is on Track to Exceed the CIO Technology Spend
- Marketing Leaders Spend More on Their Websites, Digital Commerce and Digital Advertising Than Other Categories in 2016
- Nearly Two-Thirds of Marketing Leaders Plan to Increase Spending on Digital Advertising in 2017, Suggesting That Reports of Advertising’s Demise May Be Overstated