According to admitad’s Study, the Number of Purchases Compared to Black Friday 2016 Increased from 919,000 to About 1.3 Million Units in 2017
Who were the largest winners this Black Friday? admitad’s study is based on in-house data collected from all over the world between Thursday, November 23 and Monday, November 27. Compared to the corresponding period in 2016, there was considerable turnover growth for trading platforms.
The revenue of the shops that launched and promoted their own partnership programs powered by admitad increased 2 times YoY, from $22M to $43M.
Such growth was due to a sharp rise in the volume of purchases recorded by admitad. It is important to note that in the context of this study, a “purchase” is understood as a completed order in an e-shop. A basket can contain several products, but the system records it as one purchase.
Here are some key findings;
- In 2017, the number of purchases compared to Black Friday 2016 increased from 919,000 to about 1.3 million units.
- In consequence, the volume of publishers’ commission substantially increased: from $1,6M to $2,6M.
- The European region was the absolute leader, where buyers brought 88% of the total shops’ revenues. America contributed 7%, Asia – 4%, and the share of other regions and countries amounts to around 1%.
- Most orders were made from desktops (80%), next are Android (11%) and iOS (3%).
- The most popular types of webmasters are: promocodes 25%, cashback 21% and XML-feeds 16%.
The average time of a purchase (time for making a decision on a purchase) in the first two days of Black Friday increased in comparison to the previous year, in the following days the consumers spent less time for decision-making. The number of purchases worth over $10,000 increased in 2017. Desktop is still the primary platform for such purchases. The number of impulse purchases (the time from redirecting to the shop site to completing a purchase is less than 20 seconds) remained unchanged in general, a small reduction in such sales was observed on iOS.
- Purchases reached their peak (19, 000) on November 24 at 20:00 GMT
- The most expensive purchase ($29, 300) was recorded on November 25 at 17:00 GMT
- The minimum purchase ($0.7) was made on November 26 at 00:00 GMT
- The maximum amount of sales was observed on November 24 at 13.00 GMT, and it ran at $826, 000
Admitad is an affiliate network that provides the technical and organizational tools to attract a large number of publishers to advertising campaigns.