Oracle Global Business Unit Cloud Solutions Drive Innovation And Accelerate Success
Companies in growing numbers across industries are gaining new efficiencies while modernizing their businesses with Oracle Cloud. Retail, Hospitality, Financial Services, Health Sciences, Construction & Engineering, Utilities, and Communications customers are able to innovate faster, increase productivity, and lower costs with a growing array of Oracle Global Business Unit solutions. AT&T, gnTel, Cordoba Corporation, Lenox and Al Nadhi are just a few of the latest customers who are benefiting from these cloud solutions.
“The worldwide cloud services market continues to display strong growth, as companies across verticals increasingly seek industry cloud applications and cloud-based solutions. Technology providers who can help companies more seamlessly share data and integrate multiple facets of the business will be best positioned to succeed,” Eric Newmark, Program Vice President, SaaS and Industry Cloud, IDC.
While each industry faces unique challenges, there are underlying complexities that transcend them all – meeting increasing customer demands, speeding data intelligence to action and enhancing agility. With a focus on providing solutions that serve as the backbone of companies’ digital transformations, Oracle Global Business Units deliver a powerful business proposition: industry specialization at a global scale and in the cloud.
“With digital technologies now woven through every facet of society, at the heart of today’s new business environment is an even more informed and empowered customer,” said Bob Weiler, Executive Vice President, Global Business Units at Oracle. “Businesses must quickly evolve and innovate to keep pace with ever changing and growing demands, making the cloud a necessity. No one is better positioned than Oracle to help our customers navigate this new reality.”
Customers Driving Success in the Cloud
“Our focus is providing customers enduring luxury products and trend-setting brands with a fresh, engaging shopping experience. Oracle Commerce Cloud keeps us current in a rapidly changing consumer environment across online and mobile channels with over 25 percent improvement in year-over-year mobile sales,” said Ravi Kurumety, CIO, Lenox Corporation. “Consumers are inspired and empowered by a more visual, intuitive shopping experience where they can easily discover new complementary items and designs to patterns they already own.”
“Oracle’s Primavera Unifier enables Cordoba to share information fluidly between the office and the field, improve document management, and drive efficiency across business processes—all of which are critical in managing complex construction projects. A best-in-class project lifecycle solution, Primavera Unifier delivers the reliability of the Oracle cloud and many other benefits of having Oracle as a partner,” said Stephanie Lightner, Program Scheduler for Cordoba Corporation.
“At gnTel, we recognize the fast pace of technology evolution in the telecom industry. We wanted to invest in a proven solution from a company that brings together expertise in cloud, virtualization, IT, and telecommunications,” said Onno Speekenbrink, gnTel. “Oracle’s solution will position us well for future growth.”
Oracle Leading Industry Innovation in the Cloud
Oracle Global Business Units continue to unveil new cloud-based advancements, empowering users to modernize their customer experience, remove operational silos, meet new regulatory requirements and make data more accessible. Recent cloud innovations include:
- Health Sciences: Oracle Health Sciences Clinical One Platform, a new cloud-based eClinical solution, unifies clinical development operations and information in a single environment with shared functions that saves time for everyone involved in clinical trials.
- Utilities: Oracle Utilities Work and Asset Cloud Service is an innovative foundation for asset performance management which enables utilities to increase asset reliability by finding asset failures faster and performing predictive maintenance with integrated APM and analytics. Recently announced, Oracle Utilities Operational Device Cloud Service (ODCS) also enables utilities to further automate the management of their smart grid assets and IoT devices, at a lower total cost of ownership.
- Construction & Engineering: Oracle Prime, Oracle Construction and Engineering’s cloud-based project success platform, features several recent enhancements. With new innovations for field management, Lean scheduling and capital planning, Oracle Prime further improves decision-making and project delivery to drive better outcomes across the project life cycle. Mobile ready and with built-in analytics, Oracle Prime connects field and office to improve collaboration and provide real-time visibility into project cost, schedules, risk and performance data.
- Communications: Empowering innovative businesses to launch competitive pricing models in the era of digital commerce, Oracle Monetization Cloud service accelerates time to market for digital and subscription-based products and services. The solution delivers the full life cycle of customer onboarding, offer creation, robust rating and discounting, billing, customized invoicing and reporting.
- Retail: Oracle Retail Release 16 includes cloud solutions for merchandising, planning, supply chain and omnichannel operations designed to empower retailers of all sizes to maximize margins, encourage associate engagement with consumers and free IT departments to focus on innovation projects.
- Hospitality: Hoteliers are using Oracle Hospitality OPERA Cloud property management to simplify IT across its network of properties and create a singular guest profile to help drive loyalty and an overall better guest experience. Food and beverage operators are using Oracle Hospitality Simphony Cloud to increase revenues and operational efficiency in restaurants, bars, and stadiums through faster adoption of new guest engagement channels and centralization of menus, promotions, and reporting.