Playbooks Provide Guidance On Processes And Best Practices To Become Trusted Partners When Selling To The Public Sector
Onvia, the leading provider of sales intelligence and acceleration technologies for businesses selling to the public sector, announced the availability of a new series of playbooks designed to provide guidance to companies of all sizes on processes and best practices when selling to state governments.
With these playbooks, sales, marketing and business development professionals who want to win more state government contracts or who are just getting started can learn how to grow their sales to the public sector and become trusted partners to state government agencies.
Expert Advice to Help Companies Grow their Sales and Become Ideal State Government Partners
More than $2 trillion is spent annually on products and services across the federal, state, local and educational levels of government. Yet despite the availability of lucrative contracts for companies of all sizes in almost every industry, the common misconception remains that doing business with the government is complex and difficult to break into.
Recognizing this need for guidance, Onvia is providing the insights necessary for companies to compete and grow their sales to state government agencies. These playbooks feature guidance designed to help companies better understand spending insights specific to state government, how to register as a vendor with state-specific bidding portals and how to search for and bid on state business opportunities, along with small business definitions, local procurement assistance resources and more.
These playbooks describe how to do business with the following states:
- Washington: Learn how to register as a vendor in Washington’s Electronic Business Solutions (WEBS) portal, see how to compete for Washington’s statewide master contracts and more.
- California: Discover how to register as a vendor in Cal eProcure, learn about the California State Contracts Register (CSCR) and more.
- Virginia: Understand how to register as a vendor in eVA, learn about Virginia’s SWaM procurement initiative for small and minority owned businesses and more.
- Florida: Learn how to register for MyFloridaMarketplace (MFMP), understand how Florida defines small business and diversity contracting set-aside requirements and more.
- Texas: Discover how to register for the Texas Comptroller’s Centralized Master Bidders List (CMBL), see how to find opportunities in Texas’ Electronic State Business Daily (ESBD) and more.
- Georgia: Understand how to register as a vendor with Team Georgia Marketplace, learn about Georgia’sProcurement “Order of Precedence” and more.
- Utah: Learn how to register as a vendor with the Utah Supplier Portal, find out how to search for bidding opportunities in the Utah Consortium of Public Solicitations and more.
Procurement Experts Join “Onvia On Tour” to Provide Guidance to Companies Pursuing Government Contracts
The initial set of playbooks that Onvia has released is aligned with the locations of “Onvia On Tour“, a series of 10 complimentary events designed to connect business and government across America.
At each stop of “Onvia On Tour”, government procurement experts, including agency buyers, influencers and consultants, are joining to connect with companies who supply goods and services to the government and provide guidance on how to best partner with agencies.
“The most successful companies in B2G take time to understand the unique needs and goals of their government agency customers,” said Alberto Sutton, Senior Vice President of Marketing at Onvia. “These playbooks and Onvia on Tour events are designed to help companies better connect with government, impart best practices when working with public sector buyers and grow their public sector sales revenues.”