Web 3.0 applications are being potentially explored by business leaders who are willing to pace up their stride towards digital transformation
Web 3.0, also known as the Semantic Web, is the third iteration of the internet where online activities and data would be represented by crypto wallets and websites hosted through decentralized applications (dApps) to leverage open-source, trustless, and permissionless blockchain networks.
Multiple approaches from leaders in terms of open banking for their digital payments, edge computing coupled with web 3.0, AR-enabled devices, and others employ new decentralized projects in companies across industries. By utilizing distributed, peer-to-peer platforms, and adopting high-speed communication technologies, business leaders will explore the widespread significance of web 3.0 in their areas of expertise.
The Web 3.0 Market Research Report offered by GlobalData Plc highlights the current state of play and the future potential of web 3.0 networks in driving decentralized and user-controlled internet access across various domains, which is anticipated to unlock new possibilities for enterprises across industries such as financial services, gaming & sports, media & entertainment, retail, and technology, among others.
Marketing Technology News: Emarsys: Americans More Excited Than Brits for the Queen’s Jubilee!
- The development of web 3.0 will be fueled by the need for a stable and secure decentralized network and superior advancements in AI to name a few.
- Patent filings and grants soared in web 3.0 between 2016-2021 backed by corporations such as IBM and Microsoft.
- Web 3.0 is witnessing the branching out of the crypto VC funding to support startups focused on web 3.0 applications such as cloud-based payment solutions, NFTs for gaming, internet privacy, enterprise crypto staking, DAOs, and the decentralization of social networks, data storage, live video streaming, and learning platforms.
Emerging Concepts in the Web 3.0 Market
- Blockchain as a Service (BaaS)
- Web 3.0-backed crypto assets
- Highly secure data fabrics
- Low-Code and no-code web3
- Towards web 4.0 and web 5.0
With the advancement of web 3.0, data fabrics emerge. These are a type of data architecture that connects multiple technologies and users to create flexible and accessible platforms. Secure data fabrics create a safety mesh of data in severely restricted access networks providing an additional layer of security on web 3.0.
Web 3.0 Market Segmentation by Application
- Open Banking
- AR-enabled Web 3.0
- P2P transaction model
- Functional digital twins
- Standards & protocols
Web 3.0 converges various digital technologies like AI, cloud, and big data. Both established and new organizations are already starting to establish standards to enable interoperability across use cases. These organizations need backup from regulatory entities to create standards and protocols for the implementation of web 3.0.
Marketing Technology News: MarTech Interview with Ed Locher, Vice President of Marketing at HG Insights
Leading Investors in the Web 3.0 Market
- Coatue Management
- Animoca Brands Ltd
- Meta Investments
- Insight Partners
- Franklin Templeton L.L.C
- Dragoneer Investment Group LLC
- The Oxford Endowment Fund
- Altimeter Capital Management LP
- Tiger Global Management LLC
- Qatar Investment Authority
- GIC Investment Ltd.
Web 3.0 Market Analysis by Investors
Web 3.0 Market Overview
|Emerging Concepts||Blockchain as a Service (BaaS), Highly Secure Data Fabrics, Web 3.0-Backed Crypto Assets, Low-Code & No-Code Web3, and Towards Web 4.0 & Web 5.0.|
|Key Applications||Open Banking, AR-enabled Web 3.0, P2P Transaction Model, Functional Digital Twins, and Standards & Protocols|
|Leading Investors||Paradigm, Coatue Management, Animoca Brands Ltd, Meta Investments, Insight Partners, Franklin Templeton L.L.C., Dragoneer Investment Group LLC, The Oxford Endowment Fund, Altimeter Capital Management LP, Tiger Global Management LLC, Qatar Investment Authority, and GIC Investment Ltd.|
Web 3.0 Market Report Scope
- Technology Decoding: presents the rise of web 3.0 as the third generation of internet, definition and internet architecture, industry segmentation, prominent use cases, and active enterprises
- Media & Trend Analysis: highlights the presentation of web 3.0 from the media perspective – major news and lauds from social media promoting the technology. It also includes mentions of web 3.0 in company annual filings and hiring trends.
- Investment Radar: outlines the total investment trends, venture capital investment trends, leading investors, corporate investors and investees, prominent M&A initiatives, and notable startup accelerators
- Innovation Explorer: introduces game-changing company innovations with a spotlight on startups. Select corporate partnerships inclined toward future product developments
- IP Landscaping: provides a broad-level analysis of the trends in patent filings and grants, technology leaders, filing trends by technology and industry, priority countries, and some interesting patents in the web 3.0 technology and application development.
- The Road Ahead: summarizes the drivers and challenges, strategies to address challenges, regulatory landscape, the impact of web 3.0 on business models and new concepts emerging as a result, and outlook.
Marketing Technology News: How to Build a High-Performance Marketing Team
Reasons to Buy
GlobalData’s FutureTech Series Reports are aimed at capturing futuristic technologies which have the potential to disrupt tomorrow. These technologies are constantly changing, adapting, and progressing to enable a paradigm shift in our daily lives. The awareness, knowledge, and expertise of these topics help transform business models and strategic thinking with an in-depth understanding of megatrends that can directly influence patenting, collaboration, acquisition, and investment decisions.
What are the emerging concepts in the web 3.0 market?
The emerging concepts of web 3.0 that will inspire the next generation’s internet revolution are blockchain as a service (BaaS), highly secure data fabrics, web 3.0-backed crypto assets, low-code and no-code web3, and towards web 4.0 and web 5.0.
Which are the key applications in the web 3.0 market?
The key applications in the web 3.0 market are open banking, AR-enabled web 3.0, P2P transaction model, functional digital twins, and standards & protocols.
Who are the leading investors in the web 3.0 market?
The leading investors in the web 3.0 market are Paradigm, Coatue Management, Animoca Brands Ltd, Meta Investments, Insight Partners, Franklin Templeton L.L.C., Dragoneer Investment Group LLC, The Oxford Endowment Fund, Altimeter Capital Management LP, Tiger Global Management LLC, Qatar Investment Authority, and GIC Investment Ltd.