AccelByte Closes $10 Million Series A Round with Galaxy Interactive, NetEase, Krafton, and Dreamhaven
AccelByte, an independently-operated backend and tools provider for live-service games, announced that it has closed on $10 million in Series A funding. The raise was led by Galaxy Interactive, with additional funding from leading game companies NetEase, KRAFTON, and Dreamhaven, enabling AccelByte to expand its strategic partnerships while continuing to demonstrate its success as a comprehensive white-label backend solution for game studios to develop, publish, and/or operate Games-as-a-Service (GaaS).
Backend provider for #GamesAsAService @AccelByteInc has closed a $10 Million #SeriesA raise. Will scale premium level backend tech platform & tools via strategic partnerships to reach goal of servicing game studios from AAA to startups. #LiveOps #GameDev
Marketing Technology News: Digital Asset and SE2 Announce Smart Contract and Blockchain Hackathon
AccelByte initiates distinctive user practices to benefit its global clients, such as giving customers full data ownership, as well as highly customizable modular architecture for each of their partners. With an approach tailored to the needs of each studio, AccelByte’s massively scalable suite of tech empowers companies to accelerate their window for title release.
The company has created its forward-thinking platform to support cross-play, cross-progression, identity management and matchmaking—as well as functioning as a tailor-made platform without artificial limits on aspects like transactions and storage that can restrict growth. Moreover, AccelByte’s unique, expansive architecture makes it possible for developers to build and introduce a multiple title macrocosm on the level of AAA studios.
“We are proud to provide a bespoke approach for game studios with dedicated single tenant deployment, so our partners have an extensible experience, as well as full ownership of their player and game data,” said Junaili Lie, CEO at AccelByte. “AccelByte is focused on helping studios by offering a proven, efficient, and accessible online backend tech platform and tools at scale, so developers can do what they do best: create awesome games.”
The Series A round is a primer for AccelByte to further bring premium level, scalable, and cross-platform ready services to game developers and companies around the world. Formed in 2016, AccelByte was cash flow positive and profitable prior to the raise, but will utilize the investment to help accelerate its business plans, which includes expanding the company’s network of games industry relations. AccelByte has partnered with stellar game companies from around the world; clients have included: KRAFTON, Deep Silver Volition, Versus Evil, and Stray Bombay, amongst others.
“AccelByte is a strong offering, and we believe in its mission to bring top notch and attainable backend solutions to game developers,” said Michael Fan, Principal at Galaxy Interactive. “Their customizable, cross-platform ready products are an all-in-one solution for games-as-a-service needs, which we recognize as a real growth area for the games industry.”
The company’s proprietary architecture includes AccelByte Cloud, along with AccelByte enterprise and AccelByte Blackbox. AccelByte Cloud is a premium level live technology solution that simplifies game development, publishing, and operations, allowing teams to build faster, scale infinitely, and deploy without worry.
AccelByte Cloud builds online services for games that scale to millions of players providing key backend essentials:
- Access: Connect cross-platform accounts and control integrated identity management with a built-in GDPR and CCPA compliant third-party account integration with PlayStation, Steam, Xbox, Facebook, and beyond
- Play: Dynamically assemble and match players through cross-platform lobbies with flexible matchmaking configurations and smart multiplayer server management
- Distribution: Patching via a white-labeled player portal and game launcher
- Storage: Cross-platform persistent player profile tracking, including statistics, inventory, and progression—as well as cloud game states and saves
- Monetization: Commercialize a game with catalog, order, entitlements, wallet and code redemption, payment aggregator integration, and in-game/app purchases
- Analytics: KPI tracking (i.e. MAU, user retention), custom metric creation, and data-warehouse streaming (i.e. Snowflake) with full data ownership
- Social: Build a vibrant community within friends, parties, and groups/clans with real-time chat, as well as presence and player status
- Engagement: Track, engage, and retain players with leaderboards, season passes, achievements and rewards, and user-generated content management
- Customization: AccelByte’s services can be extended by integrating a client’s custom logic to augment trigger hosted logic by events or HTTP call, build their own service with AccelByte’s server-side SDK, and utilize cloud states and saves
Marketing Technology News: From The Future Completes Acquisition of Plush Digital