Sator has assembled world-renowned experts including Rob Weiss and more to bring a depth of experience to its newly launched platform.
Sator, the Blockchain-based content engagement platform, announced the appointment of a new advisory board that brings together industry leaders and distinguished minds from diverse backgrounds, all united with a clear vision and commitment to revolutionizing the way users typically consume content.
Marketing Technology News: MarTech Interview with Michael O’Connell, VP Marketing at AnyRoad
As Sator works on creating the next-gen digital economy to empower viewers, creators, distributors, and advertisers, the advisory board will provide the guidance and support necessary in order to drive the team forward and advance the company’s mission to set even more ambitious goals for the future.
Founding members of Sator’s new advisory board include:
- Rob Weiss is a television and film producer, screenwriter, actor, and director. He’s best known for HBO’s “Ballers” (2015), “Entourage” (2008), “How To Make It In America” (2010), and “Amongst Friends” (1993). Rob was nominated six times for the Golden Globe for Best Television Series – Musical or Comedy, three times for Primetime Emmy Award for Best Comedy Series, and three times for Writers Guild of America Awards for Best Television Comedy Series.
- Wayne Lin, founder of Axia8, a venture capital firm that supports blockchain projects with mentoring, networking, and funding. Previous projects he advised include Injective Protocol, Solv Protocol, Dora Factory, and Kira Network. Wayne was born in Taiwan and got his B.S. in Finance from Babson College. He has a professional rich experience ranging from commercial banking, internet crowdfunding and payment, and blockchain investment and consulting.
- Ben Silverman, co-CEO and Chairman of one of the fastest-growing entertainment production companies, Propagate. Its portfolio includes Apple’s first original series, “Planet of the Apps”, Twitter’s first entertainment series, “#WhatsHappening”, and “Lore” for Amazon. Ben is also the executive producer of Emmy and Golden Globe-winning shows such as “The Office”, “Jane The Virgin”, “Ugly Betty”, “Marco Polo”, “The Tudors”, and “The Biggest Loser”.
- Kathryn Busby, a film executive and producer known for the 2017 TV series “Ultraviolet” and the 2020 documentary “Find Your Groove”. She is a senior vice president of development at Sony Pictures Television Networks (SPT), and in 2019, Kathryn was elected chair of the board of directors of BAFTA Los Angeles (British Academy of Film and Television Arts).
- Heslin Kim is the strategic advisor for SupraOracles, a mentor at the CV Labs incubator, a global expert at the Blockchain Founders Fund, and a venture partner at Digital Strategies private equity. With over 11 years of experience in multiple roles and specialties ranging from business development, investor relations, security tokens, STOs, and blockchain, Heslin has helped scale and accelerate various blockchain startups around the world, more specifically in the Asia Pacific region.
- Galia Benartzi, co-founder of Bancor, an on-chain liquidity protocol that enables automated, decentralized token exchange on Ethereum and across blockchains, Galia was recognized by Forbes and Glamour Magazine as a leading woman in crypto. She also co-founded two other tech startups, Mytopia the first social gaming company for smartphones, sold to gaming giant 888 for $48 million dollars, and Particle Code a cross-platform development technology for mobile applications acquired by Appcelerator.
- Hill Harper is an entrepreneur, an award-winning actor, best-selling author, and humanitarian. Currently, Hill stars in ABC’s #1 television drama, “The Good Doctor”, for its 4th season. He is the Founder & Chairman of The Black Wall Street Digital Wallet. Hill is also on the Board of Directors of the National Black Bank Fund and he has been named Honorary National Co-Chair of the Redevelopment of Black Wall Street by the Greenwood Chamber of Commerce.
“It is extremely exciting and humbling to have a group of world renowned experts that are titans in their fields on our advisory board, and to work with them on making Sator’s vision of disrupting the entertainment industry closer to being truly fulfilled,” said Sator President and Co-Founder, Chris Martin. “Their guidance will be priceless going forward, and today marks yet another important milestone for Sator.”
Marketing Technology News: Messagepoint Announces OEM Agreement with Sefas
Today’s announcement comes at a time of tremendous growth for Sator with the official launch of its mainnet dApp. These advisors bring a proven track record of creating massive growth and expansion to the Sator team and represent further proof for the company’s commitment to developing an open economy that democratizes value distribution in the entertainment content industry.