Q3 revenue grew 61% year-over-year; subscription revenue grew 63% year-over-year
Remaining performance obligations (RPO) grew 49% year-over-year to $2.35 billion
Increases revenue and operating profit outlook for fiscal 2022
Okta and Okta (Auth0) Both Named as Leaders in 2021 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Access Management; Okta positioned highest in Ability to Execute.
Okta, Inc., the leading independent identity provider, today announced financial results for its third quarter ended October 31, 2021.
Marketing Technology News: MarTech Interview with Sagi Gordon, CEO and Co-founder, SelectMedia
“Our strong third quarter results reflect the continued shift to Identity-First architectures and the critical adoption of Zero Trust security environments, which are both propelling our market leading position,” said Todd McKinnon, Chief Executive Officer and co-founder of Okta. “We’re maintaining the momentum of both Okta and Auth0 and are making great progress on the integration. We’re already seeing early success cross-selling into each other’s customer bases and are on our way to capturing more of the massive identity market faster together.”
Third Quarter Fiscal 2022 Financial Highlights:
- Revenue: Total revenue was $351 million, an increase of 61% year-over-year. Subscription revenue was $337 million, an increase of 63% year-over-year. On an Okta standalone basis (excluding $46 million attributable to Auth0), total revenue grew 40%.
- Remaining Performance Obligations (RPO): RPO, or subscription backlog, was $2.35 billion, an increase of 49% year-over-year. Current RPO, which is contracted subscription revenue expected to be recognized over the next 12 months, was $1.18 billion, up 57% compared to the third quarter of fiscal 2021.
- Calculated Billings: Total calculated billings, net of acquired deferred revenue, was $389 million, an increase of 54% year-over-year. Calculated billings includes the effect of billings process improvements that were enacted at the end of the first quarter of fiscal 2022. Excluding these changes, calculated billings would have been $387 million, an increase of 53% year-over-year.
- GAAP Operating Loss: GAAP operating loss was $199 million, or 57% of total revenue, compared to a GAAP operating loss of $52 million, or 24% of total revenue, in the third quarter of fiscal 2021.
- Non-GAAP Operating Income/Loss: Non-GAAP operating loss was $10 million, or (3)% of total revenue, compared to non-GAAP operating income of $6 million, or 3% of total revenue, in the third quarter of fiscal 2021.
- GAAP Net Loss: GAAP net loss was $221 million, compared to a GAAP net loss of $73 million in the third quarter of fiscal 2021. GAAP net loss per share was $1.44, compared to a GAAP net loss per share of $0.56 in the third quarter of fiscal 2021. GAAP net loss and GAAP net loss per share include $120 million and $0.78, respectively, attributable to Auth0 in the third quarter of fiscal 2022.
- Non-GAAP Net Income/Loss: Non-GAAP net loss was $11 million, compared to non-GAAP net income of $6 million in the third quarter of fiscal 2021. Non-GAAP basic and diluted net loss per share was $0.07, compared to non-GAAP basic and diluted net income per share of $0.04 in the third quarter of fiscal 2021.
- Cash Flow: Net cash provided by operations was $37 million, or 11% of total revenue, compared to net cash provided by operations of $43 million, or 20% of total revenue, in the third quarter of fiscal 2021. Free cash flow was $33 million, or 10% of total revenue, compared to $42 million, or 19% of total revenue, in the third quarter of fiscal 2021.
- Cash, cash equivalents, and short-term investments were $2.48 billion at October 31, 2021.
The section titled “Non-GAAP Financial Measures” below contains a description of the non-GAAP financial measures, and reconciliations between GAAP and non-GAAP information are contained in the tables below.
Marketing Technology News: LIZHI Named One of China’s Top 100 Internet Companies of…
Okta’s financial outlook for the fourth quarter and full year fiscal 2022 includes the expected contribution from the acquisition of Auth0, net of purchase accounting adjustments.
For the fourth quarter of fiscal 2022, the Company expects:
- Total revenue of $358 million to $360 million, representing a growth rate of 53% year-over-year;
- Non-GAAP operating loss of $35 million to $34 million; and
- Non-GAAP net loss per share of $0.25 to $0.24, assuming weighted-average shares outstanding of approximately 154 million.
For the full year fiscal 2022, the Company now expects:
- Total revenue of $1.275 billion to $1.277 billion, representing a growth rate of 53% year-over-year;
- Non-GAAP operating loss of $85 million to $84 million; and
- Non-GAAP net loss per share of $0.53 to $0.52, assuming weighted-average shares outstanding of approximately 147 million.
These statements are forward-looking and actual results may differ materially. Refer to the Forward-Looking Statements safe harbor below for information on the factors that could cause our actual results to differ materially from these forward-looking statements.
Okta has not reconciled its expectations as to non-GAAP operating loss and non-GAAP net loss per share to their most directly comparable GAAP measures because certain items are out of Okta’s control or cannot be reasonably predicted. Accordingly, reconciliations for forward-looking non-GAAP operating loss and non-GAAP net loss per share are not available without unreasonable effort.
Marketing Technology News: Investis Digital Releases Connect.IQ Special Report on…