Informatica Unveils AI-Powered Product Innovations and Strengthens Industry Partnerships at Informatica World 2019
The Industry’s Premier Datacentric Conference Celebrates Its 20th Year, Unites Thousands of Customers, Partners, and Industry Luminaries To Advance AI-Driven Data Management
At the 20th annual Informatica World global user conference held in Las Vegas from May 20-23, 2019, Informatica announced multiple updates to its product portfolio and go-to-market strategy, including expanded partnerships with AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft, Tableau, and more. These developments reinforce Informatica’s ability to help the world’s leading organizations deploy AI-powered, enterprise-scale data management solutions to optimize value from data — regardless of where data resides.
AI Needs Data – and Data Needs AI
The skyrocketing volume and variety of data, coupled with a surge in the number of people accessing and using data as a strategic business asset, are driving global demand for AI-driven enterprise data management solutions that scale far beyond what humans are capable of handling.
It’s common knowledge that AI needs data; however, Informatica asserts that data needs AI too. This is the best way to provide organizations with the accurate, complete, and trusted data that AI needs to produce reliable insights and recommendations.
Marketing Technology News: E2open Announces Acquisition of Averetek
Informatica is addressing the growing need for AI-driven data management with enhanced solutions that automate data discovery, improve data migration to the cloud, and ensure data quality, security, and governance across all data sources, whether on-premises, in the cloud, or in multi-cloud and hybrid environments.
At Informatica World 2019, Informatica showed how it has enabled AI and machine learning across its entire product architecture via its CLAIRE engine, which provides unified, end-to-end metadata intelligence to accelerate and automate core data management and governance processes across the Informatica Intelligent Data Platform.
Marketing Technology News: IBM Debuts Self-Service AI-Powered Ad Experience to Enable Conversations Between Brands and Consumers
Additionally, Informatica announced:
- An expanded strategic partnership with Google Cloud that provides broader and deeper connectivity across the Informatica Intelligent Data Platform, enabling enterprises to accelerate data-driven digital transformation initiatives on the Google Cloud Platform.
- A free joint data discovery and cloud migration assessment in collaboration with Amazon Web Services (AWS) to help organizations assess the data they need to migrate to Amazon Redshift, thereby accelerating cloud modernization. Cognizant is available to provide a complete, advanced migration assessment package to help organizations systematically catalog and understand all of their enterprise data assets in order to develop a comprehensive, long-term migration plan.
- Support for the Microsoft Common Data Model (CDM) for self-service analytics at enterprise scale on Microsoft Azure. This enables organizations to bridge data silos across applications, modernize analytics at scale, and accelerate the transformation of raw data into trusted business intelligence.
- New Enterprise Data Catalog (EDC) integrations with Microsoft, Tableau, and Databricks to create a “catalog of catalogs” with AI-driven data discovery across multi-cloud and hybrid environments, providing broad metadata connectivity and better understanding of data across the enterprise for analytics modernization.
- The AI-powered, cloud-native, microservices-based Informatica MDM Reference 360 solution, which leverages Informatica’s CLAIRE engine to automate and simplify reference data management and speed the delivery of actionable insights to improve customer experience programs, marketing and sales operations, omnichannel retailing, supply chain optimization, and governance and compliance efforts.
- The industry’s most comprehensive hybrid integration platform (HIP) with Informatica Intelligent Cloud Services℠ (IICS), the first enterprise integration platform as a service (EiPaaS) that fulfills all critical requirements for successful data management across multi-cloud and hybrid environments.
- Informatica’s end-to-end intelligent Data Governance and Privacy Solutions enable organizations to accelerate the shift from focusing on risk management to establishing digital trust and achieving business value from data governance and privacy initiatives.
- An elite group of industry innovators were honored via three award programs that recognized their achievements in leveraging the transformative power of data.
- BP was named the Intelligent Disruptor of the Year for its holistic approach to digital transformation and data management, which includes a new enterprise approach to self-service analytics that provides the entire global business (74,000 employees operating across 78 countries) with capabilities to leverage data as an asset. BP has created a revolutionary marketplace and framework for big data environments that is a one-stop, user-friendly portal allowing the rapid discovery of datasets, reports, and analyses across multiple data lakes, cloud platforms, and locations. Informatica’s Big Data Management® (BDM) solution was implemented to allow businesses across BP to ingest data into the data lake from a large number of source systems and technologies. BP believes that digital technology is at the core of revolutionizing the way it does business, to tackle the world’s need for more energy, delivered in more innovative ways for a low-carbon future.
- Selected by conference attendees as their favorite innovation, GigaSpaces won Informatica’s inaugural AI and Cloud Innovation Zone competition. GigaSpaces showcased a digital integration hub using next-generation big data architecture allowing ingestion of any data type, combined with metadata management, and powered by the GigaSpaces platform for real-time analytics and speed. (video)
- Capgemini won the Informatica EDC CLAIRE Hackathon with their Smart Data Onboarding solution, a recommender system that identifies data for onboarding new sources into master data management (MDM) models using Informatica EDC’s rich metadata context and relationships, to accelerate the design and implementation of MDM projects.
Marketing Technology News: With 87% Surge in Customer Bookings, Episerver Promotes Internally for CMO