Jungle Scout’s Q3 2021 Consumer Trends Report explores retail leaders, top product categories, and spending; plus, see how changing consumer behavior and adoption of social media and emerging technologies are impacting ecommerce
Today, Jungle Scout, the leading all-in-one platform for selling on Amazon, released its Q3 2021 Consumer Trends Report, a quarterly study of 1,100 U.S. consumers which reveals how social media and tech continue to steer consumers’ purchases — particularly among younger shoppers.
Marketing Technology News: Primis Announces First Video Discovery SDK For Apps
Key insights include:
40% of consumers search for products to buy while on social media.
- While 65% of all consumers start their online shopping search on Amazon and 47% on a search engine like Google, many also shop directly on social media: 30% on Facebook, 21% on Instagram, and 13% on TikTok.
- However, among consumers ages 18-24, 35% shop on Facebook, 44% on Instagram, and 33% on TikTok.
Consumers are seeking greater accountability and transparency from brands they follow.
- 58% of consumers say a brand’s social activism impacts their impression of a brand — including purchase decisions.
- The most influential brand activism attributes are: Employee treatment (63% of consumers say this influences their purchase), Transparent policies (60%), Locally sourced products (56%), and Eco-friendly brands (56%).
“Brands continue to gain visibility and influence buyer behavior across new channels and online platforms,” said Greg Mercer, founder & CEO of Jungle Scout. “Advertising, social media campaigns, and partnering with influencers is more trackable and effective than ever before.”
Other insights in Jungle Scout’s Q3 Consumer Trends Report include:
- Consumer spending: 32% of consumers say they will reduce overall spending through 2021; just 19% will increase spending; 50% will keep spending the same.
- Top retail stores and websites: Nearly as many shoppers (63%) have purchased from a physical Walmart store as have shopped on Amazon.com (65%) in the past three months.
- In-demand products: The holiday season is starting early — 31% of consumers will start their holiday shopping before Halloween and more than half before Thanksgiving.
Marketing Technology News: Fuze Announces New Patent for Softphone Control Integration