2022, the 49th annual conference and exhibition on computer graphics and interactive techniques, closed the in-person portion of the conference, 8-11 August 2022 in Vancouver, Canada, with more than 11,700 attendees, 90-plus exhibitors from 16 countries, remarkable featured speakers, and a variety of panels, programs, and hands-on experiences. Access to the virtual component of SIGGRAPH 2022 will continue through 31 October 2022.
SIGGRAPH 2022 offered a platform to share exceptional offerings in digital art, technology, computer science, and various innovations from more than 2,400 contributors. The conference and virtual experience were enjoyed by an international audience from 74 countries and garnered 30,000-plus views during the livestream sessions across the four-day, in-person conference. The top five attended programs in the virtual platform included Technical Papers, Birds of a Feather, Talks, Courses, and Production Sessions.
Marketing Technology News: Edward Carroll Appointed New President and CEO of SG360°
“Every year we gather our global community to showcase how computer graphics and interactive techniques shape the future,” said Munkhtsetseg Nandigjav, SIGGRAPH 2022 Conference Chair. “After two years of meeting virtually, I was thrilled to host our return to a live, in-person conference in Vancouver. The city was a wonderful host, from the amazing location to the warm welcome from the local community. SIGGRAPH participants were incredibly joyful and excited to reunite and see the latest developments in our field. Being face-to-face at these SIGGRAPH conferences is an annual recharge. It’s an opportunity to come together to learn, share our passions, and enrich our skills. I’m honored to be a part of this celebration as we continue to encourage the development and innovation in the arts and sciences that impact the world around us. And I’m looking forward to seeing how our work continues to evolve headfirst into the future.”
Highlights from the conference included:
- Featured Speakers: Sougwen Chung, Ed Catmull, Pat Hanrahan, Sarah Bond, and Ime Archibong
- Production teams behind some of the year’s top films took part in the Production Sessions, including DNEG, Pixar Animation Studios, Wētā FX, and Walt Disney Animation Studios
- New for 2022, the inauguration of Conference Papers, where exciting emerging ideas were presented in a shorter format than traditional Technical Papers
- Technical Papers showcases the latest industry advancements and scientific contributions. A total number of 247 papers were selected out of a record number of submissions, and five “Best of” honors were awarded
- Roundtables allowed participants to connect directly and hold intimate conversations with Technical Papers, Art Papers, Courses, and Talks contributors, and interact in small group settings
- Emerging Technologies and Immersive Pavilion showcased the latest in VR, AR, and mixed reality innovations
- Metaverse discussions and workshops were covered in the Featured Speakers, Frontiers, Appy Hour, Real-Time Live!, and Courses programs
- VR Theater presented the evolved storytelling and growth of virtual reality content
Marketing Technology News: MarTech Interview With Jason Seeba, Chief Marketing Officer at mParticle