TRACKER SmartDealer™ and SmartDrive™ give U.K. dealers and their customers access to innovative, value-added connected car services
CalAmp, a technology solutions pioneer transforming the mobile connected economy, launched within the U.K. the TRACKER branded SmartDealer lot management application to boost auto dealer profitability and enhance customer loyalty, along with SmartDrive to deliver consumer-focused connected car services. These solutions integrate with CalAmp’s Telematics Cloud software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform, which will help accelerate TRACKER’s continued expansion and delivery of connected vehicle services across the United Kingdom.
By accessing vehicle location, battery status and VIN, SmartDealer enables dealers to manage inventory, shorten customer wait times and individualize the onsite customer experience. That same connectivity can be sold through to the customer as SmartDrive, allowing dealers to offer timely services and discounts, thus securing after-sales revenue. Customers can opt-in to allow dealers to receive vehicle diagnostic information for proactive response to maintenance and repair issues. Identifying and addressing vehicle issues before they develop into serious and costly faults will enhance the customer’s vehicle ownership experience and build stronger relationships between customers and dealers over the long term.
Marketing Technology News: Daily MarTech Roundup: The 5 Coolest Things in Marketing and Sales Today
“TRACKER’s integration of CalAmp’s SaaS telematics platform is another example of our ability to deliver innovative automotive services to more markets worldwide as part of our strategic global expansion and drive to increase SaaS revenue,” said Justin Schmid, senior vice president and general manager of LoJack international operations for CalAmp. “Through TRACKER, we are bringing technology innovation and expertise to the U.K. automotive retail market and putting dealerships in better touch with their customers to deliver tailored, proactive after-sales services. SmartDealer and SmartDrive support dealers in exceeding the expectations of their customers, while generating recurring revenue in a competitive U.K. market.”
“Car dealers in our region continue to face increasing challenges in an economically uncertain time,” said Kriss Cocomazzi, sales and marketing director at TRACKER, a wholly owned subsidiary of CalAmp. “SmartDealer and SmartDrive harness CalAmp’s international telematics expertise and TRACKER’s market-leading stolen vehicle recovery technology to help dealers proactively meet consumer vehicle ownership demands. Together, these solutions help boost a dealer’s bottom line, whilst improving brand loyalty and the customer journey.”
Marketing Technology News: Nuxeo Announces New Connectors and a Bolstered AI Framework for its Content Services Platform
SmartDrive gives consumers access to a powerful world of SaaS-based connected car services, including:
- CrashBoxx™ – automotive OEM-grade crash detection providing dealers and loved ones with real-time notification of when a customer’s vehicle is involved in a collision, including severity of the crash and damage estimation
- Tripwire™ Early Warning – timely alerts if a customer’s car moves unexpectedly, in cases where it is towed or stolen
- Stolen Vehicle Location Assist – U.K.-based trained agents help in case a customer’s car is stolen; a simple call can help quickly locate and track the vehicle
- Journey History – track business or personal trips with easy report documentation
- Virtual Boundaries – notification when a loved one arrives at their destination
- Speed Alerts – notification if a loved one goes faster than they should
- Where’s My Car? – easily pinpoint your vehicle on the map
Marketing Technology News: Adjust Taps Mobile Growth Executive Moshi Blum To Oversee Expansion in Israel