Online Platform Features a Modern Design That Provides Users with Swift, More Intuitive Access to IGEL Product Documentation
IGEL, a world leader in endpoint management software for the secure enterprise, announced the launch of the IGEL Knowledge Base. The online platform replaces the IGEL eDocs platform, providing users with a more modern design that enables faster, more intuitive access to IGEL product documentation.
“When we set out to transition for our existing eDocs platform to the new Knowledge Base, we wanted to create a platform that was easy to navigate, provided users with the ability to search by word combinations and document type, and was also mobile-friendly,” said Matthias Haas, CTO, IGEL. “We’ve accomplished all that and more through a new site that offers a modern design that quickly and efficiently puts relevant IGEL documentation at our user’s fingertips.”
Key features of the IGEL Knowledge Base include:
- Improved information architecture. Thematically grouped content will provide users with faster, more intuitive access to IGEL documentation.
- Responsive, mobile-friendly design. Content is optimized for all mobile devices, and users can easily access the full library of documentation via their smartphone or tablet.
- Powerful full-text search. Users can enter one or more terms in the search field and select the best match. Results contain a description and URL.
- On-demand PDF generation. Integrated button enables users to render a PDF in real-time of the documentation they are currently viewing, Optionally, the PDF generator will also combine related pages providing the user with a comprehensive set of documentation.
- Embedded Videos. Related multimedia content is embedded within the Knowledge Base so that users are not required to leave the site to view videos.
- Multi-language support. Users can easily switch between English and German language versions of the documentation.
- Version control. New versions of corresponding documentation are noted and users can easily select the version that matches their firmware.
- Instant feedback. Users can quickly and easily provide feedback on the Knowledge Base including comments or change requests with the click of a button that opens up an e-mail in their local app that is pre-populated with the subject line and URL.
- Faster content delivery. New wiki technology enables content to be modified or extended much more quickly without requiring the entire documentation to be updated. New or recently updated content is noted on the Knowledge Base landing page.