AWeber surveyed over 1,000 small businesses and interviewed 10 experts to discover the most effective email marketing practices
AWeber, a leading provider of powerfully-simple email marketing software for small businesses, announced the publishing of The 2020 Small Business Email Marketing Statistics Report. The report features insights gained from a survey of more than 1,000 small businesses, interviews with the top 10 email marketing experts, and best practices from AWeber subject matter experts.
Marketing Technology News: Aragon Identifies Unified Communications and Collaboration As Key During Health Crisis
Of the 66% of small businesses who reported using email marketing to promote their business or communicate with their audience, 79% reported email marketing as an important or very important part of their strategy. This report sheds light on the tactics that make email marketing an effective channel for small businesses.
“Our goal with these insights is to help guide small business owners and entrepreneurs with their own email marketing strategies,” shared Rob Patterson, Chief Marketing Officer at AWeber. “Email is an ever-changing — yet consistently high-return — marketing channel, and it’s our responsibility to continue to educate small businesses and help them improve and innovate.”
Marketing Technology News: SurveyMonkey Ranked No. 2 on G2 Best Software Companies in 2020
Exploring email marketing usage and engagement, effective email copywriting, and email design trends, the report also taps into the savvy of the top 10 email marketing experts, who share practical takeaways that readers can apply right away.
Key findings from the report include:
- 60% of small businesses said their email marketing strategy is effective or very effective.
- 26% of small businesses said their email marketing strategy is ineffective or very ineffective.
- 65% of small businesses reported average open rates between 11% and 50%.
- 77% of small businesses reported average email click-through rates between 0% and 10%.
- 54% of small businesses said they send emails at least once per week.
- 86% of small businesses said they send emails at least once per month.
- 43% of small businesses said they have 0 to 500 email subscribers.
- Less than 7% of small businesses said they have more than 50,000 email subscribers.
- 42% of small businesses with over 500 subscribers said they have effective or very effective email marketing strategies.
- 20% of small businesses with 500 or less subscribers said they have effective or very effective email marketing strategies.
AWeber collected the research data from an online survey of 1,222 small business owners. The survey consisted of 20 total multiple-choice questions.
Marketing Technology News: PagerDuty Data Reveals IT Teams Resolving Incidents Up To 63% Faster Than Before COVID-19 Pandemic