Trustifi, a leading developer of secure digital communications, announced today the top 5 tips summer travelers should consider when logging in to check and send emails. Email hacking has exponentially increased over the past 6 months, with numerous cyber attacks aimed at exploiting vulnerabilities in both nonsecure and secure emails. With summer traveling underway for millions of Americans, Trustifi has listed the top 5 tips travelers should be cognizant of, when checking and sending email.
Top 5 Tips:
- Double check with a venue’s employee that you have the right name of the public/free Wi-Fi host when checking your email at a vacation/travel destination
- If you want to better safeguard your email while on vacation, just use your wireless provider’s connection
- If using free or public Wi-Fi while traveling this summer, try to avoid sending any confidential/sensitive data that could compromise your identity, safety and pocketbook
- Consider encrypting your emails while vacationing this summer
- Avoid using Internet devices other than your own to login to your email account