Artificial Intelligence Leader Expands Product Capabilities and Geographic Footprint and Adds Top Data Science and Engineering Talent
Conversica, the leader in conversational AI for business, announced that it has acquired Intelligens.ai, a provider of conversational AI for sales and marketing focused on the Latin American market. Intelligens is a rapidly growing private company based in Santiago, Chile—the “Chilecon Valley” of Latin America. Founded in 2016, Intelligens has more than 40 customers in Chile, Peru, Colombia and Bolivia.”
The Intelligens acquisition brings with it new Facebook Messenger, Slack and Skype integrations and a rich repository of AI conversations in Spanish, adding to Conversica’s already extensive machine learning data set. The Intelligens technology, conversations and data set will be incorporated into Conversica’s conversational AI platform over the coming months, allowing current customers to take advantage of the new capabilities and increased AI accuracy—a result of the larger training data set now available. In addition, customers will also benefit from an increased pace of innovation, thanks to the new data science and engineering talent joining the Conversica team.
“Conversica is building the world’s best platform to automate business conversations with AI. Intelligens brings exciting capabilities that naturally extend Conversica’s solution to include new communication channels, conversations, language expertise and training data. The conversational AI space is exploding, with more and more organizations recognizing the value of automating routine conversations to grow revenue, manage costs and free up their human workforce for more productive activities. We recognized an opportunity with Intelligens to accelerate our product roadmap and add exceptional talent to our team. We are thrilled to bring aboard new customers and partners in Latin America and extend our reach into this fast-growing market of over 400 million native Spanish speakers,” said Conversica CEO Alex Terry.
Conversica automates and improves routine business conversations using virtual assistants powered by artificial intelligence. The company’s AI Sales Assistant engages every lead in a human conversation to qualify more of them for the sales team, freeing humans to spend more time closing business.
In 2017, the company received several industry award wins and celebrated many notable milestones:
- Grew annual recurring revenue greater than 50 percent for the third consecutive year.
- Released significant new AI capabilities—including support for conversations via text/SMS messaging, new assistant languages (Spanish, French, German and Japanese), self-service conversation editing capabilities to empower customers to further optimize AI conversations, and enhanced deep learning algorithms to enable more complex natural language understanding—and processed more than 300 million messages.
- Added integrations with important CRM and marketing automation systems, including Microsoft Dynamics, Oracle Sales Cloud and Marketing Cloud, HubSpot and CDK, for more than 50 technical integrations in total.
- Grew the company’s management team with four new additions, including Dr. Sid J. Reddy as Chief Scientist, Brian Kaminski as Chief Customer Officer, Victor Belfor as Senior Vice President of Business Development, and Michelle Johnson as General Counsel.
- Added key new employees in engineering, data science, operations, customer success, and sales to grow the company to over 190 employees.
- Was recognized by Red Herring as one of the Top 100 private technology companies in the world and was included in the 2018 “AI 100” by CB Insights.