Agora, Inc., a Real-Time Engagement (RTE) platform-as-a-service provider, announced during CEO Tony Zhao’s keynote address at the annual RTE2020 conference the creation of new tools and resources for developers who are interested in integrating Real-Time Engagement (RTE) technology into their web, mobile and desktop applications. The Experience Level Agreement (XLA), Agora RTE App Builder and Agora Extensions Marketplace will not only help speed up the adoption of voice, video and streaming technology, but they will also provide developers with an unparalleled level of support and quality assurance.
In a recent customer survey conducted by Agora, 37% of respondents said they would be willing to pay more to stream live audio and video content over platforms that guarantee the quality of experience. To meet this burgeoning customer need and widespread demand for RTE, Agora’s roll-out of these new tools and resources couldn’t come at a better time.
“At Agora, we pride ourselves on being developer-friendly and customer-centric — and that’s not just a platitude. If there are actions we can take to make the adoption of RTE easier, we won’t hesitate to answer the call,” said Tony Zhao, CEO at Agora. “Our new XLA, Agora RTE App Builder, and Agora Extensions Marketplace were made by and for developers to address day-to-day pain points and provide a network of support throughout their entire journey with us.”
Marketing Technology News: Time to Spend More on Influencer Marketing Across Multimedia Channels, Including OOH and Online Radio
Agora invites developers to explore these new features and join the beta programs.
- The Experience Level Agreement (XLA): The first-ever industry user experience agreement to guarantee performance beyond the typical platform availability or up time. The four core KPIs that we will use for XLA are:
- Channel Join Success Rate
- Video Fluency
- Audio Fluency
- Transmission Latency
Agora is currently piloting XLA in select regions and will gradually roll out to more regions and customers.
Marketing Technology News: Digital Media Solutions Acquires Insurtech Company UE.co
- Agora Extensions Marketplace: An ecosystem of state-of-the-art, pre-configured extensions from many of the Agora Technology Partners. Not only will the Extensions Marketplace create opportunity for the entire RTE ecosystem, but it will also make it easy for customers to easily enable different technologies like content moderation or face filters with ease by providing:
- A simple, discoverable directory that will allow customers to learn about and activate various partner extensions right from Agora’s dashboard (early partner commitments include LearnCube, Banuba, TurboBridge, Spectrum Labs, and Loom.ai)
- Easy activation with a simple configuration wizard
- Unified billing directly in the Agora Console
- Agora RTE App Builder: Agora’s no-code tools that allows anyone to create a production-ready RTE app with no coding required. It is free to all registered developers and comes with 10k free minutes each month, free developer support, and access to Agora Analytics, an industry-leading diagnostic and user insight tool. The Agora RTE App Builder features:
- Quick deployment to iOS, Android, Web, MacOS, Windows, and Linux from the auto-generated codebase
- Configurable features include chat, pre-call screen, cloud recording, PSTN dial-in, and screen sharing
- Customizable templates, color, and UI layout
Marketing Technology News: Twilio to Acquire Segment, the Market-leading Customer Data Platform