The CMO Club and Selligent Marketing Cloud Release New Study Highlighting CMO Focus on Relationship Marketing and Challenges in Unifying Martech
CMOs from Sixty-Nine Leading Brands Discuss Data and Martech Integration, Key Strategies to Improve Customer Experience and Brand Value
The CMO Club, the world’s largest and most engaged community of Senior Marketing Executives, and B2C marketing automation platform Selligent Marketing Cloud, released the findings of a survey and in-depth discussion of CMOs of leading brands, including BBVA Compass, F’real Foods, Fidelity Life, Office Depot, Rollins, and Tacori on their use of technology and customer data to increase brand value. The survey of 69 CMOs highlighted the ongoing challenges facing senior marketers and the role technology plays in improving customer relationships.
“The CMO Solution Guide: Consumer-First Martech — Using Consumer Insights To Unify Marketing Technology Decisions,” jointly issued by The CMO Club and Selligent Marketing Cloud, found that CMOs have a laser focus on improving relationship marketing but that doesn’t come without its challenges.
- 62 percent of marketers report that relationship marketing is the most important or one of the most important functions of their team this year
- Two-thirds of marketers say that their top marketing automation goal for 2018 is to speak to their customers in a more relevant way, ahead of driving more sales for the company
Unsurprisingly, the CMO study mirrored recent findings of rising frustrations and expectations for the consumer– both sides of the brand-consumer relationship are frustrated.
“As a CMO, the frustrations brands experience is clear. Technology providers need to remain focused on personalization tools that help marketers close the gap between what customers expect and what experiences they want to deliver,” said Nick Worth, CMO at Selligent Marketing Cloud. “By centering our platform development on enabling stronger brand-to-consumer relationships, we’re able to help define success and market differentiation for our clients.”
Other researching findings reveal:
- 42 percent of the CMOs cite customer data management as being the most difficult element
- Of those using the ‘big five’cloud vendors, 47 percent of users had issues with data compared to 25 percent of marketers using other vendors
- 57 percent of marketers rated their ‘big five’marketing vendors below average at custom integrations; 54 percent of marketers rated their ‘big five’marketing vendors below average at custom feature development
“The last few years have been about building marketing stacks and now we’ve come to understand that it comes with challenges of both having too much data and using tech platforms that don’t integrate seamlessly,” said Pete Krainik, CEO and Founder of The CMO Club. “That doesn’t diminish Martech’s potential or the commitment CMOs have to find better ways to leverage technology to formulate clearer data and digital strategies.”
This CMO Club Solution Guide identifies and answers these challenges and provides shared insights from leading senior marketing executives on how they are integrating consumer insights as they develop their marketing technology to provide a better more well-rounded customer relationship.
Recommended Read: TechBytes with Keith Sibson, SVP, Product and Marketing, PostUp