The 24-hour event devoted to web 3.0 and the metaverse will feature Reddit Co-founder Alexis Ohanian, Topia Co-founder Daniel Liebeskind, former Second Life CFO John Zdanowski, Global Director of Karmalab at Reddit Will Cady
Topia, the leading social experience platform with spatial video chat inside fully customizable virtual worlds, announced the lineup for the first annual Confluencer Con, a virtual conference centered around the art and business of bringing people together. The 24-hour event will feature panels, workshops, and gatherings showcasing the latest in community building and growth hacking starting on September 28 from 12:01 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. PDT.
The concept of “confluencer” has gained steam recently as the next generation of social influencers to emerge as the metaverse, and web 3.0 platforms continue to grow in popularity. Confluence Con will feature panels and discussions with:
Marketing Technology News: Dialpad Awarded 2021 Unified Communications TMC Labs Innovation Award
- Alexis Ohanian (Co-Founder of Reddit, Founder of Seven Seven Six), Daniel Liebeskind (Co-Founder and CEO of Topia), and Cristina Apple Georgoulakis (previous Head of Growth at Typeform, Operating Partner at Seven Seven Six)
- Justin Lane, Ph.D., and LeRon Shults, Ph.D.
- Will Cady (Global Director of Karmalab at Reddit)
- Sarah Adolphson (created foundations for Lady Gaga and Bruno Mars), Rene Jones (Philanthropic Advisor and Founder UTA Foundation), Joel Goldman (Executive Director of Entertainment Industry Strategy & Relations at CARE)
- Karen Allen (author of “Twitch for Musicians”), Shannon Stiggins (multi-hyphenate creator and streamer)
- And more to come!
“Influencers stand apart while confluencers bring us together,” said Topia CEO and co-founder Daniel Liebeskind. “We have an opportunity, and I would say an obligation, to create a better internet by building platforms that encourage positive behaviors and facilitate real human connection. We believe the confluencer will be at the heart of this movement.”
“Web3 is a return to the Internet’s original mission, to deliver on the promise of a truly open and borderless community to share ideas and push creativity. At Confluencer Con, we’ll push these boundaries to the next level and analyze what our future online lives will look like,” said Alexis Ohanian. “With companies like Topia allowing for authentic communication, where communities and creators can thrive, Web3 delivers on its promise to provide endless possibilities for the future.”
Marketing Technology News: Freshworks Announces Closing of Initial Public Offering and Full Exercise of Underwriters’…