Video conferencing is being rapidly adopted by businesses of all industries in place of voice conferencing, and for good reason. Small businesses stand to benefit the most from video conferencing because of its productivity and profit benefits.
Video conferencing equipment supplier, IVCi, lists and explains how small businesses can benefit from video conferencing.
- Save money. Small businesses can use video conferencing to save money on the expenses associated with traditional in-person meetings. It also saves time for tasks like interviewing applicants and potential employees, which is a more efficient use of the company’s resources.
- Reduce travel costs. Video conferencing replicates in-person conversation without either party having to travel. Small businesses do not have the luxury of allocating large budgets to flying around the world for meetings, yet do not want to sacrifice the impact of face-to-face conversation. Video conferencing is the perfect way to eliminate travel costs while preserving the impact of an interaction.
Marketing Technology News: SAP to Fund Internal Collaboration Startup Ruum With €10 Million
- Foster teamwork. It’s becoming more and more common for small businesses to have employees work remotely. A major challenge with remote work is teamwork and communication. Video conferencing takes the place of in-person meetings and gives employees a platform to discuss projects and connect with each other.
- Improve communication and client connections. It is difficult to make a real connection with clients when communicating only by email or phone. Factors like body language and expressions make a big difference in how information is perceived. It also helps keep communication consistent, since video conferencing is fits much more easily into a busy schedule than in-person meetings.
- Increase productivity. Video conferencing saves a lot of time between reduced traveling, ease of scheduling, and improved collaboration. These factors combine to improve productivity all around. Time is one of the most valuable resources in any company, so saving it wherever you can makes a big difference.
Marketing Technology News: Edge by Ascential Expands Ecommerce Features to Optimize Digital Shelf Performance
Video conferencing has transformed the way people communicate with colleagues, clients, potential employees, and the world.
Marketing Technology News: Timothy Leonard Joins Kleinschmidt as Senior Vice President of Business Innovation