With over 70% of the Association’s 200 Members voting in the first Regional Board elections, the IAB SEA+ India has announced its 2019 Board representatives.
With bold expansion plans, the Regional Board will work alongside Regional CEO Miranda Dimopoulos galvanising the region to drive responsible digital work in a time where spend in digital is rapidly increasing.
“Our business decisions are always Asia first and data led, ensuring we are elevating the industry impactfully,” said Dimopoulos. “Our expansion will focus on India, Indonesia and Thailand – the key growth markets identified by our Members, with partnerships on the ground to deliver education, research and standards. Working alongside the board, Chair and Vice Chair, we continually look to evolve and address the unique complexities across Asia effectively.”
Former IAB Singapore Chair and Vice Chair, Joe Nguyen and Laura Cooke respectively, also continue in their uncontested roles for a second year running.
Marketing Technology News: Proventa International Spearheads Conversation on Digital Transformation in Indonesia
Joe Nguyen shared: “Over the last four years, the Membership has diversified from being a publisher driven organisation to now representing the entire service side of the digital industry. With the region becoming ever more important globally, the IAB brings a consistent and considered shared voice to the markets we work within.”
Laura Cooke, added: “2018 saw a large increase in brand marketer participation for both our education and networking events bridging the gap between buy and sell side. This is confirmation that what we are curating through our Committees and Board is effective. Our feedback scores increasing to 4.9/5 for value and effectiveness is another proof point that the IAB is giving great value back to the industry.”
2019 Regional Board Members
- Regional CEO: Miranda Dimopoulos, Regional Chief Executive Officer – IAB SEA+India
- Chair: Joe Nguyen, Senior Vice President, APAC – Comscore, Inc.
- Vice Chair: Laura Cooke (formerly Green-Wilkinson), APAC Growth Officer – Dentsu Aegis Network
- Regan Baillie, Chief Business Development and Marketing Officer, APAC – Mediacom
- Phil Townend, APAC Chief Commercial Officer, APAC – Unruly
- Alex Sibois, Director of Agency and Channel Partnerships APAC – LinkedIn
- Rose Huskey, Chief Executive Officer, SEA – Wavemaker
- Carl Nawagamuwa, Head of Platforms, SEA – Google
- Matt Harty, Senior Vice President, APAC – The Trade Desk
- Rochelle Chhaya, Chief Operating Officer, APAC – OMD
- Michael Beecroft, Chief Investment Officer, APAC – Mindshare
- Justin Peyton, Chief Strategy & Transformation Officer – Digitas
- Cindy Tan, Global Vice President, Retail and APAC Display – TripAdvisor
- Audrey Kuah, Managing Director, Global Data Innovation Centre and Executive Director, Media, Asia Pacific – Dentsu Aegis Network
- David Goodfellow, Partnerships Lead, JAPAC – Oracle Data Cloud
Continuing their staunchly anti pay for play approach for speaking opportunities, Committee seats and Board roles, Dimopoulos shares: “what we lose in potential additional revenue, we gain in credibility, trust and transparency – words which can sometimes feel have lost meaning in our industry. Being agnostic, fair and always adapting for the future are at the core of who we are and what we do.”
Marketing Technology News: Webedia Hires Matthew Wurst to Lead US Operations for Global Media, Content and Technology Network