Version 9.6 brings immediate context to business users in an all-new unified analytics experience
Yellowfin, a world-leading and innovative analytics vendor, has today released version 9.6 with new enhancements and capabilities that unify actionable dashboards, automated business monitoring and data storytelling into a unique analytics experience for business users.
Marketing Technology News: MarTech Interview with Jamie Gier, CMO at Ceros
Yellowfin Stories, introduced in Yellowfin 8, enables the creation of data narratives that generate a consistent understanding across an enterprise. Business users have the ability to combine written, long form analysis with embedded images, text, video or snapshots of analytical content from Yellowfin, all within a governed and secure platform.
“As analytic capabilities expand, the demand for a new analytics experience beyond traditional dashboards and users is increasing,” said Glen Rabie, CEO of Yellowfin. “Our Signals and Story products are unique and combining feeds from both products with our exceptional action-based dashboards, enables Yellowfin to deliver a unified, consumer-focused analytics experience to our customers who are looking to use data in more decisions.”
According to leading research firm, Gartner, “By 2025, augmented consumerization functionality will drive adoption of analytics and business intelligence capabilities beyond 50% for the first time, influencing more business processes and decisions.” 
Marketing Technology News: Foresight Research: Consumer Resistance to Banking AI in Georgia
The five key areas of enhancement in Yellowfin 9.6 are:
- Data Storytelling Feed now allows dashboard designers to incorporate the most relevant Stories directly onto the dashboard.
- Story Templates can now be created based on existing Stories from the Data Storytelling Feed, providing repeatability and efficiency to authors and allowing them to customize Stories without starting from scratch.
- Story Filters are now available for Stories, allowing authors to dynamically filter embedded analytic content directly within a Story and save this configuration against the published version, optimizing the process of creating recurring Stories.
- Visualizations have been enhanced on the Chart Builder, enabling analysts to perform deeper customizations with new options for chart axis values and labels, category spacing, and sorting.
- SAML Authentication now supports native identity provider configuration, enabling IT and DevOps teams to manage authentication parameters and configuration directly within the platform.
 Gartner “Top Trends in Data and Analytics for 2021: The Rise of the Augmented Consumer” by James Richardson, Kurt Schlegel, Rita Sallam, Austin Kronz, Julian Sun, February 16, 2021.
Marketing Technology News: VRChat Partners With Anthos Capital to Close $80M Series D