Victory Square Technologies Inc. portfolio company FansUnite Entertainment Inc. and Askott Entertainment Inc. (“Askott”) announced entering into a definitive agreement on June 22, 2020 (the “Agreement”) to combine in an at-market merger, creating one of Canada’s leading gaming companies. Under the terms of the Agreement, FansUnite will acquire all of the outstanding securities of Askott by way of a three-cornered amalgamation (the “Transaction”) pursuant to which Askott and a newly incorporated subsidiary of FansUnite will amalgamate under the Business Corporations Act (British Columbia) and continue as one corporation which will be a wholly-owned subsidiary of FansUnite (“Amalco”).
Marketing Technology News: IDStrong Warns Against Second Wave of Cyberattacks
“This merger with Askott will represent our most significant milestone to date and transform us into one of Canada’s leading gaming companies,” said Darius Eghdami, CEO of FansUnite Entertainment. “With the addition of Askott, we will have a fully integrated gaming asset that offers multiple B2C platforms for users, B2B technology for all forms of sportsbooks, and a seasoned team of executives that have led and grown multiple organizations on a global scale.”
Combined Company Highlights
- 4 live Business-to-Consumer (“B2C”) platforms;
- The B2C platforms have had over $350M CAD wagered since inception and over 300,000 registered members;
- 4 signed Business-to-Business (“B2B”) contracts with two currently live;
- Two completed RNG Casino games;
- Applications have been completed for multiple gaming licenses for B2C and B2B
- Highly accomplished and experienced team with decades of experience in eSports, Sports Betting, Casino, Poker, Licensing, Government Relationships, Affiliates and Mergers and Acquisitions.
Marketing Technology News: Getting BIMI-Ready: How DigiCert-Valimail Partnership Enforces VMC/ DMARC Compliance
“The FansUnite merger with Askott accelerates the company’s vision of becoming a global leader in the gaming space,” said Shafin Diamond Tejani, CEO of Victory Square Technologies. “Askott’s robust eSports betting technology platform and in-house built RNG Casino games complements FansUnite’s sports betting, casino, and virtual offerings.”
Marketing Technology News: Ribbon Call Trust Delivers Advanced Identity Assurance, Validates Phone Calls and Combats Robocalls