Let’s Get a Deeper Insight into How the Email and Marketing Automation Trend Has Developed
Email marketing automation is the fastest-prancing technology that provides marketing teams with the power to optimize lead generation, drive sales conversions, and ultimately generate more ROI.
Automation is a critical component in modern-day marketing stack for leading businesses and SMBs. According to the recent stats, the global marketing automation software market is expected to reach $7.63 billion by 2025.
Email marketing automation is an ecosystem of mechanisms and tools that help in automating ongoing conversations with customers and at the same time, maintaining a high degree of customized content. This tool conveniently helps customers receive tailored content in their mailboxes which they would prefer to read instead of skim over.
Despite this, a large number of marketers remain largely oblivious to the depth of email and marketing automation. An in-depth survey was carried out by GetResponse and SmartInsights, which was taken to compare email marketing, automation and landing pages among 585 marketers from 181 countries across 19 industries and who sent 10 billion emails. The 585 marketers came from 44% of B2C firms, 19% of B2B firms and 37% hybrid from B2C-B2B platforms.
The aim of the research is to help marketers and businessmen review their strategic approach towards email marketing. It is also meant to pinpoint opportunities and help in considering the best landing pages to generate leads. The report was for managers responsible for dealing with digital marketing and also for email and automation marketing specialists.
These insights were then turned into an exclusive report, which analyzed the key findings and puts forward the best recommendations for 2018.
28% of the marketers rate their effectiveness in Marketing Automation as basic, which refers to not being acclimated to the thorough features of automation. 16% of them characterize the effectiveness of MA as moderate. 19% of marketers do not engage in marketing automation at all and only 8% associate themselves with highly engaging with the effectiveness of marketing automation.
- 29% of the marketers rate their expertise level as basic.
- 28% rate their skills at the intermediate level.
- 5% of the marketers acknowledge the fact that they are experts in the area of automation.
- The extensively used automation technique is the email automation which stands at 64%
- Basic profile targeting automation feature includes 26% of the marketers
- 23% of the marketers use automation for personalization for dynamic content
- 30% of marketers say that the biggest marketing automation benefit is that of saving time
- Inputs for lead generation stands at an effectiveness of 22%
- 17% of marketers state that an increase in revenue is a marketing automation benefit
The above data has been accumulated after a study across four different techniques, which are crucial in estimating the drive behind marketing and email automation.
- Evaluation and Tracking
- Communication strategy, including frequency
- Testing and Optimization
Why Should One Use Email Marketing Automation?
Nearly every business today has an online presence which requires them to automate their promotions so that highly personalized products are matched to individual customer profiles. This is increasingly essential so as to match with online sales. Reaching the maximum sales potential can be achieved only by sending the correct offer to the right person at the right time. Regular email marketing only lets you personalize your message but using behavioral data as a measurement to observe the active users on the site makes for a more precise method. It helps in conversion of rates to greater heights.
Good email marketing systems help in integrations with other e-commerce and CRM platforms by sharing API codes. This will further help in scouting for better and more customer-specific opportunities for the future.
The marketing automation trend is expected to grow since it continues to give tailored and relevant insights into what works and what may not, thus contributing to a marketer’s efforts and generating sufficient leads along with ROI.
Should Marketing Automation be Included in Your Email Strategy?
Marketing automation technology is designed to automate certain processes of the marketing process and to provide data which helps marketers and brands on who to target for their next campaign. These pointers are across multiple outreach methods and channels. It is not only a tool; since it also used as a strategic method of implementing strong business decisions.
Though marketing automation tools are eyed as platforms used to maximize the smallest of efforts so as to reap the greatest benefits; marketers need to understand how to leverage the tool and to what potential.
Using marketing automation to create an effective emailing program is an integral step in leaping onto the board of automation learning.
Automation provides additional benefits like Customer Journey and Audience Insights. The advantages of Marketing Automation include:
- Eliminating the need for cold calls: Prospects initiate contacts themselves and then choose to stay, thus eliminating the need for unnecessary repetitive calling.
- Understanding prospects better: Gathering information of a potential customer gives a better idea on understanding a customer’s needs and working towards meeting the demands thoroughly.
- Customizing market channels: Each prospect is different, and each of them prefers to be reached via different mediums. Marketing Automation here categorizes customers on their preferences, thus leading to easier means of understanding which channel will lead to greater conversion.
- Building customer loyalty: Marketing Automation allows analysis of each prospect with the data gathered, thus helping marketers study customer behavior, such as tracking previous preferences and identifying post-purchase website content perusals. The sales department can then identify the customers which would be future prospects for follow-up sales.
- Increase sales efficiency and reducing operating costs: Marketing Automation increases sales and reduces overall costs since it streamlines the sales procedure thus plucking higher quality leads. This leads to a drive in conversion in far lesser time and lesser effort than previously engaged methods.
The trend of marketing automation is expected to grow since it continues to produce tailored and relevant insights, thus boosting marketing’s efforts and generating sufficient leads that drive ROI.
Recommended Read: Personalizing Email Marketing Is The Key to Success In 2018