Lightspeed POS Inc. (“Lightspeed” or the “Company”), a leading provider of software, solutions and support systems to over 49,000 small and medium-sized retail and restaurant locations worldwide, announced the acquisition of Montreal-based Chronogolf, an innovative cloud-based software offering that facilitates management for golf course operators around the world. An existing Lightspeed partner, Chronogolf uses the Lightspeed platform for both the retail and restaurant facets of its business software, combined with its booking and management solutions.
Lightspeed’s inventory-rich, cloud-based software will help new and existing customers in the golf industry drive business growth and maximize efficiency. Complementing Lightspeed’s existing product offerings, such as Lightspeed Loyalty and Lightspeed Payments, the Chronogolf software will offer customers a fully-integrated point of sale and golf course management solution, giving them the opportunity to streamline their business, from pro shop to restaurant to tee sheet—all in one system.
“Since Lightspeed’s inception, our focus has been to provide technology to small and medium-sized businesses in verticals with complex operations, so they can work smarter, make data-driven decisions, and create the best possible experience for their customers. Running a golf course combines retail, restaurant, and ecommerce—areas that are core to our business,” says Dax Dasilva, Founder and CEO of Lightspeed. “Expanding within the golf vertical is just one example of our commitment to these complex SMBs around the world.”
Marketing Technology News: How Digital Can Save Brick-And-Mortar Retail with Customer Experience Objectives
The Chronogolf team along with Co-CEO’s JD St-Martin and Guillaume Jacquet will join Lightspeed. “We are excited to be a part of the Lightspeed team that is bringing this powerful all-in-one management solution to pro shops and restaurants across the industry,” said JD St-Martin, Co-CEO of Chronogolf. “Through this highly configurable solution, we are providing operators with the opportunity to more deeply understand their business through performance data and insights, enabling them to create a targeted and engaging experience for their members.”
Marketing Technology News: Spectrum Equity Announces Sale of Ethoca to Mastercard
Key Features of Chronogolf by Lightspeed:
- Run Your Pro Shop from Anywhere: Track customer experience across the facility with seamless POS integration, connect to payment terminals, cash drawers, printers and terminals, and access sales and inventory data from anywhere
- Boost Restaurant or Snack Bar Sales: Turn tables faster and serve guests better with the cloud-based restaurant POS built to handle everything from clubhouse drinks to fine dining.
- Increased Potential Sales Opportunities: Follow customers from green to restaurant through seamless POS implementation, customize your menus and floor plan, improve communication between front and back-of-house and boost table turnover by taking orders and payments from any location
- Custom Integrations Powered by Lightspeed: Take a pro shop online by syncing the POS with Lightspeed eCom, process payments and end-of-day settlements with Lightspeed Payments, reward members and keep customers coming back with Lightspeed Loyalty, pull insightful reports to improve the business with Lightspeed Analytics, and automatically post sales data and reduce errors with Lightspeed Accounting
- Tee Sheet: Simplify the schedule with a user-friendly tee sheet, create unlimited categories, book and reorganize tee times instantly
Marketing Technology News: AI-Driven Weather Data: New to Some, But It Has Been Driving CustomWeather’s Success for Years