Total technology industry deals for Q3 2019 worth $108.39bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
The value marked a decrease of 25.8% over the previous quarter and a drop of 32.6% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $161.47bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 0.5% over the last four-quarter average with 4191 deals against the average of 4211 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $62.23bn.
Technology industry deals in Q3 2019: Top deals
The top five technology deals accounted for 25.3% of the overall value during Q3 2019.
The combined value of the top five technology deals stood at $27.37bn, against the overall value of $108.39bn recorded for the month.
Marketing Technology News: The Coffee Club Takes Action on Customer Experience through Partnership with InMoment
The top five technology industry deals of Q3 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
- Broadcom’s $10.7bn asset transaction with Symantec
- The $5.87bn asset transaction with Vodafone Italia by Infrastrutture Wireless Italiane
- DISH Network’s $5bn asset transaction with Sprint and T-Mobile US
- The $3.1bn acquisition of RF360 Holdings Singapore Pte. by Qualcomm
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board and The EQT VIII fund’s private equity deal with Waystar for $2.7bn.
Marketing Technology News: Pega Expands Cloud Choice Guarantee With Kubernetes Support