CUMULUS MEDIA | Westwood One’s Audio Active Group Identifies Blueprint for Developing Impactful Ads
CUMULUS MEDIA | Westwood One’s Audio Active Group (AAG) announced the results of an October 2021 survey on audio creative practices. The Audio Active Group conducted a survey of senior audio activation executives to understand the types of questions they field from brand clients and strategy teams. The primary finding was that there is a heightened interest in audio creative best practices, attributed to two factors: 1) Podcasting has captured the attention of marketers who seek recommendations to optimize brand and sales effect, and 2) Big brands are discovering radio as an effective way to supplement and complement mass reach for TV, especially pharmaceutical brands.
Marketing Technology News: Strata Users Will Now Have Access to Premium CUMULUS MEDIA Podcast Inventory with Validated Metrics…
CUMULUS MEDIA | Westwood One has tested hundreds of audio ads over the years working with the leading experts in creative testing: ABX, Veritonic, and Sensory Logic. The Audio Active Group has evaluated the findings from those tests, along with marketing effectiveness and creative strategy work from industry giants like Les Binet, Peter Field, Alice Sylvester, Bryon Sharp, Leslie Wood, Paul Feldwick, Jenni Romaniuk, and Orlando Wood, to form CUMULUS MEDIA | Westwood One’s comprehensive audio creative best practices guide. The key recommendations:
- Have a conversation: Don’t shout
- The first five second matter: Say the brand early and often
- Don’t get caught up on spot length
- The fewer the messages, the greater the recall
- Use consistent, unified creative across different media to deliver impact
- Tell a story with emotion
- Use a fluent device, ie. a recurring character or scenario
- Entertain for emotional gain
- Make the ad audible and easy to understand
- Use music for branding
- Create a sonic logo that has melody and says the brand name
- Leverage the appeal and trust of radio personalities
- Target your core audience: Women prefer a female voice
- Don’t worry about wear-out
Click here for the complete guide to audio creative best practices.
The Audio Active Group, led by Pierre Bouvard, Chief Insights Officer of CUMULUS MEDIA | Westwood One, partners with clients to provide media and creative strategy and business outcome measurement of their entire audio campaign.
Marketing Technology News: VOTE NOW! TruU Named Finalist in 2021 Computing Technology Product Awards and Security Excellence…