RingCentral Drives Rapid Video Meetings Innovation
RingCentral Video innovations are focused in two important areas:
- Enhanced security combined with ease of user experience for meeting hosts and attendees
- Seamless experience where users can use any device and communicate in any mode using RingCentral Office®, the company’s unified platform that combines team messaging, video meetings, and cloud phone system capabilities.
Marketing Technology News: Medallia And Quantum Metric Offer Digital Engagement Monitoring
“When we pivoted to a fully remote environment at the onset of the pandemic, we faced zero interruptions to employee productivity, all due to the stability and reliability of RingCentral Video,” said Neil Lertnamvongwan, Information Technology Director at Pinnacle Renewable Energy, one of the world’s largest leading manufacturers and distributors of industrial wood pellets. “The ability to have a meetings solution that works on any device and enables us to easily switch modes has resulted in us working more efficiently than ever before. RingCentral Video has been a lifesaver for our entire employee base.”
The key innovations for RingCentral Video include:
- Security Enhancements: RingCentral has added several security enhancements such as admin, host, and moderator controls, password protection, and several others that enable users to securely join and share content during a meeting and prevent bad actors. With these added security enhancements such as host control for screen share, which gives hosts the ability to control who can share their screen and host control for chat and video, which enables hosts to control who can chat within a meeting and who is visible on camera, users can expect tighter and more secure meetings and lower the risk of unwarranted activities.
- Waiting Rooms: To prevent malicious actors and keep video meetings secure, RingCentral has released Waiting Rooms for RingCentral Video. Waiting Rooms gives hosts full control over their video meetings, enabling them to manage who can enter the meeting and when.
- Flexible video layouts: Film Strip | Active Speaker: Meeting participants can switch their view of the video gallery to one of two new layouts: Film Strip and Active Speaker. This provides an improved user experience so if users choose, they can focus on who is speaking or presenting without distraction from other users. This is especially relevant for educators who want participants to focus on who is speaking or presenting, while also being aware of the other meeting participants.
- View all video participants (one page at a time) Pagination: Participants in large meetings can now page through the videos from all participants. This enables participants to capture the reactions of all participants as needed and see who’s in the meeting, if needed.
- Network Quality indicator: Gives admins and users a window into the quality of internet connectivity, which enables users who have a bad connection to look for alternate networks to improve their meeting experience.
“RingCentral is innovating at a breakneck pace to meet customer demands and offer a meetings solution that is perfect for today’s business communication needs,” said CEO of Aragon Research, Jim Lundy. “The wide variety of features and innovations that RingCentral has added to RingCentral Video make the product a reliable and secure option for meetings experiences.”
Marketing Technology News: Beezy Strengthens Leadership Team With New CMO
Some of the new features and innovations in the RingCentral Office unified app experience include:
- Switching in-progress meetings between devices: Enables users to seamlessly switch an in-progress meeting between their desktop and mobile devices or vice-versa without losing continuity. Especially critical in today’s macro environment, this feature is useful in situations when users join a meeting on their desktop app and need to transition it to their phones so they can continue their video meeting while moving around.
- Dark Mode: Dark mode revamps the entire color palette (background, accents, icons, and fonts) for a completely darker look. Dark mode consumes less battery on a mobile device. With the new display technology used in most iPhones and Androids, apps with dark color palettes can save as much as 90% more battery than apps with a light palette. In addition, dark mode enables users to focus on the information that matters the most: the content that’s immediately in front of them.
- Team Connect: Enables users to automatically create a group with all video meeting participants with the integrated team messaging capability of the unified app. This enables participants to continue collaborating on ideas with messages, documents, and easily scheduling follow up video meetings, even after the meeting is long over.
- Escalate Call to Video: While on a phone call, users can transition their phone calls to a video meeting and continue their meeting without interruption. This enables users to share their screen with ease, improving collaboration and communication. Integration between all communication modes – team messaging, video meetings, and cloud phone system – within the unified app is critical so users can maintain context to remain efficient.
“The work from home environment continues to evolve at a rapid pace and organizations need a solution that keeps pace with the rapidly changing expectations and demands of their customers,” said Will Moxley, chief product officer at RingCentral. “We’ve been rapidly innovating RingCentral Video since its launch and our goal is to provide organizations with a reliable, secure, and stable business communications solution. These features are available today, making your video meetings go from good to great.”
Marketing Technology News: Salesforce Study: 71% of Indians Expect Companies to Accelerate Digital Initiatives