Digitalage’s Mantra “Innovate for Good” Embraces ADA Compliance Including Text to Speech Features, a First For a Social Media Network
Hop-on, Inc. (OTC: HPNN) — There is an age-old internet problem. People who are blind and cannot see what is on the screen. Or people who have partial sight (often legally blind) and cannot see specific types of content. Or people with dyslexia and other cognitive and learning disabilities who need to hear and see the text to understand it better. Hop-on’s social media platform Digitalage is tackling this issue as a point of innovation.
Many computers and mobile devices today have built-in text-to-speech software. In addition, due to the popularity and trending of podcasts, many news organizations now provide audio options for listening to articles.
Marketing Technology News: First Carbon Launches its MintCarbon.io Channel on the Discord Social Media Platform
Though many websites are starting to offer Accessibility controls like text enlargement and redesigning layouts to compliance standards, the social media platforms are remiss and rely on the operating systems they live on, i.e., Android or iOS. Though Apple and Google are making strides, mobile apps and specifically social media apps need to do better.
There will come a time when someone is unable to read, do, or use something on any website or app. To comply with the law and recent court rulings, a website or mobile app should follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0. AA).
Enter Digitalage, a new decentralized social media platform that is trying to correct all the ills of social media. Their experience is unique as is their process.
Digitalage Chief Creative Officer Curt Doty says, “We are designing with a high level of digital accessibility compliance based on best practices and rigorous testing. Beyond providing obvious areas for Text to Speech to thrive, like news articles, we are including it on users’ original posts and even the chat commentary. This is part of our Innovate for Good strategy to go beyond what is merely required, but what can truly help those in need.”
Marketing Technology News: Market Logic Expands Executive Leadership Team, Appointing Wolfe W. Diener as Chief Customer Value…
Hop-on CEO Peter Michaels states, “Our text-to-speech tech for ease of use and enhanced accessibility is also for those who just want to take a break from reading, kick back, hands-free and become more aware of their environment. Text-to-speech is also a core capability for our Extended/Augmented Reality social media experience. Who wants to stop to read a message while they’re walking around the city? Experience all the Metaverse has to offer!”
Here is a link to our demo: https://www.digitalage.com/text-to-speech-demo2
Digitalage is developing other features including:
- Captions provided for all prerecorded audio content in synchronized media.
- All non-text content that is presented to the user in the form of posts has a text alternative (Alt Text) that is descriptive text for the visually impaired.
- As one creates Alt Text in their post, they can also attribute credits to the author, publisher, photographer, or illustrator and publish copyright information.
- Color is not used as the only visual means of conveying information, indicating an action, prompting a response, or distinguishing a visual element.
- Using varying levels of optical focus so a Web or app page can be navigated sequentially to receive focus in an order that preserves meaning and operability.
- A consistent navigation using mechanisms that are repeated on multiple web or app pages within a set of pages occur in the same relative order each time they are repeated, providing familiarity and developing new neural paths based on that repetition.
- User will be able to choose the language and their own voice persona to represent them and read articles, posts and comments back to them.
- Content can be read aloud for people who prefer to listen, for example, while multi-tasking.
Marketing Technology News: Hyundai Motor Presents Vision of Unlimited Mobility Enabled by Robotics and Metaverse at CES 2022