eG Innovations & xenappblog Announce Findings from 2021 Digital Workspace Deployment & Performance Monitoring in the New Normal Survey
eG Innovations, a world leader in providing digital workspace monitoring solutions, announced the results from its 2021 “Digital Workspace Deployment & Performance Monitoring in the New Normal” survey. The survey report, jointly conducted with xenappblog, is a compilation of responses from 1,050 digital workspace professionals from across the world and includes learnings, analysis, and trends that will be useful for any IT professional working with digital workspace technologies.
“Digital Workspace Deployment & Performance Monitoring in the New Normal”
A digital workspace is an integrated technology framework that allows employees and remote workers to access their apps and data in real time – on any device, from any location, regardless of whether the information is stored in the cloud or in a data center. Key digital workspace technologies include Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops, Citrix Cloud service, Microsoft Remote Desktop, VMware Horizon, VMware Horizon Cloud Service, Microsoft Windows Virtual Desktops (WVD), and AWS WorkSpaces and AppStream.
This is one of the largest surveys ever conducted in the digital workspace domain. It was conducted between December 2020 and February 2021 and specifically focused on changes that organizations had to make due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Marketing Technology News: Unit4 Announces Strategic Growth Buyout by TA Associates For A Transaction Value In Excess Of US$2…
Key Findings: Digital Workspace Deployments
- Centralized management is the primary reason why organizations are adopting digital workspaces.
- Citrix remains the dominant player in the digital workspace landscape. VMware has significant market-share.
- Cost and security concerns are two of the major reasons why organizations are not actively moving digital desktops to the cloud.
- More than 50% of digital workspace professionals are spending over a quarter of their work week troubleshooting issues.
Key Findings: How the COVID-19 Pandemic Influenced Digital Workspace Deployments
- 16% of respondents deployed digital workspaces for the first time due to the pandemic.
- 82% of respondents had changes in their digital workspaces due to the pandemic.
- 41% of respondents felt that digital workspace technologies have now become more important for their organizations.
- Network connectivity and bandwidth limitation at the user end was the topmost challenge of organizations supporting remote workers.
“The last year has been pivotal for digital workspace technologies. As organizations suddenly had to support most employees working from home, digital workspace technologies became critical for the business. This survey sheds light on how organizations have adapted to the changing requirements and highlights process and technology improvements that organizations can make to get better return on investment in digital workspaces,” said Srinivas Ramanathan, CEO of eG Innovations.
Marketing Technology News: MarTech Interview with Shalin Jain, CEO at HappyFox
“The report provides very valuable information for anybody working in the end user computing (EUC) space. Not surprisingly, adoption of Microsoft’s Windows Virtual Desktop offering is growing fast,” said Eric Haavarstein, founder of xenappblog.