Brand Campaign Encourages Consumers to Break Boundaries Through Multifaceted Influencer Personalities, Nonprofit Support, Unique Product Collaborations and Compelling Content
Skullcandy Inc., the #1 selling brand in stereo headphones1 and true wireless earbuds2 under $100, announced today its all-new Sound Without Boundaries brand campaign. Born from the broad-ranging social justice movements of 2020, the year-long campaign illuminates important cultural issues while illustrating how music, coupled with Skullcandy’s true wireless technology – which enables people to live free from wires – can inspire everyone to break boundaries.
Marketing Technology News: Kimble Applications Welcomes New Members and New Roles to Executive Team
A roster of 17 multi-dimensional athletes, musicians and visual artists – deemed Boundary Breakers – will serve as the centerpiece of Sound Without Boundaries initiatives.
A roster of 17 multi-dimensional athletes, musicians and visual artists – deemed Boundary Breakers – will serve as the centerpiece of Sound Without Boundaries initiatives. The personalities, who aren’t just crushing their craft but also using their platforms to inspire others and advocate for change, include:
- Kai Jones, 14-year-old freeskier and staunch climate-change activist
- Mothica, Indie pop singer who went viral on Tik Tok with her song “Vices,” inspired by her journey to sobriety and commitment to mental health advocacy and overcoming addiction
- Gianni Lee, well-established artist, DJ and fashion designer who focuses his art on social issues and representation in America and abroad
- Briana King, skateboarder, community organizer, activist and model recognized for her work to create judgement free spaces for girls and LGBTQ+ skaters
- Dorian Electra, a non-binary / gender-fluid alternative pop artist whose music is unbound by genre and often centers around challenging gender stereotypes and cultural expectations
- Guapdad 4000, hip hop artist and viral online comedian who has changed the game for what it means to be an ‘internet personality’
- Vasu Sojitra, an outdoor athlete who challenges the biases faced by people of color with disabilities through his work promoting Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) within the outdoor industry
Skullcandy will spotlight each Boundary Breaker in a profile video as well as several other pieces of content, each concepted, produced, directed, filmed and edited by its in-house creative team. The content will run across Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Twitter and Facebook and be supported by a paid ad spend.
Marketing Technology News: InterDigital Joins Indian Standards and Industry Bodies TSDSI And BIF To Support 5G And 6G R&D
“Like so many others, we were deeply impacted by the events of 2020, and as a brand, Skullcandy felt compelled to use our platform and resources to promote positive change,” said Jessica Klodnicki, Chief Marketing Officer, Skullcandy. “Sound Without Boundaries is our way of illuminating people who rise above the status quo and support causes that resonate with our Millennial and Gen Z consumers. We are proud to be an authentic conduit between the playlists that inspire them and the boundaries they are seeking to break.”
Outside of celebrating the captivating storylines of its Boundary Breakers, Skullcandy will also bring Sound Without Boundaries to life in other ways:
- Unique, limited-edition product collaborations with progressive brands that break the boundaries of music, art and culture, as well as select Boundary Breakers such as: Nolan Cooley, a talented visual artist living with autism, Desiree Melancon, a snowboarder, photographer and artist committed to promoting mental health and inclusivity in the outdoors; and Hannah Eddy, a skate and surf enthusiast who uses her signature illustrative art to help raise awareness around things she’s passionate about.
- Compelling content that breaks down complex technologies in a way that’s entertaining and easy to digest, including illustration by respected artists such as Louis Wes, as well as artful, surprising product imagery from commercial artists across the world.
Marketing Technology News: Yotta Extends Infrastructure And Cloud-Hosted Workload Protection Via Partnership With Virsec