Panopto announced the expansion of its cloud infrastructure, launching a new video hosting option on the Canadian-based Amazon Web Services (AWS) data center. With this announcement, businesses and universities based in Canada can now host their Panopto video libraries on an in-region cloud that complies with organizational data storage policies. Today’s announcement is in response to accelerating demand for Panopto across Canada. To date, Panopto Cloud has been available from datacenters in the United States, Europe and Asia.
Panopto provides businesses and universities with an integrated platform for capturing, managing, and sharing video content. The platform includes:
- A video content management system (VCMS) for securely storing and administering videos
- A YouTube-like portal for finding, watching and sharing videos
- Responsive video players for websites and mobile devices
- A unique video search engine for finding any word spoken or shown on-screen in any video
- Broadcast-quality live streaming
- Multi-camera video recording
- Screen recording
- Web-based video editing
- Video viewing analytics
- Mobile apps for iOS and Android
- Integrations with web conferencing solutions, learning management systems, content management systems (CMS), identity providers, customer relationship management (CRM), enterprise social software, WAN optimization solutions, and more
Marketing Technology News: As the Holiday Shopping Season Extends, Convenience Drives Consumer Purchasing
Panopto Cloud operates on multiple Amazon Web Services (AWS) availability zones and employs server redundancy, eliminating single points of failure and providing reliable access to the video platform in case of outages or server failures. The platform is built on a multitenant architecture for high scale, simplified upgrades, enhanced security, and cost efficiencies that can be passed along to Panopto customers. In addition, the cloud scales elastically based on demand, ensuring that traffic spikes don’t negatively impact performance.
Today’s announcement builds on the existing momentum of Panopto Cloud, which has seen record growth in recent years. Since 2013, the amount of video streamed from Panopto Cloud has grown at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) in excess of 130 percent. In the last twelve months, Panopto Cloud customers created 3.4 million new video recordings, including nearly 120,000 live webcasts. Each month, Panopto customers stream nearly 3 million hours of video from existing cloud locations in the U.S., Europe and Asia-Pacific.
Marketing Technology News: LiveU and Griiip Unveil Unique Motorsports Live Viewing and Data-Driven Media Solution Platform
“In the last few years, demand for Panopto in Canada has surged,” said Sean Gorman, Chief Operating Officer of Panopto. “With today’s announcement, we’re excited to provide businesses and universities across Canada with in-region hosting that complies with organizational data storage policies.”
Marketing Technology News: Drift Announces Acquisition of Giant Otter & Launch of Drift Automation