Extends Creative Boundaries for Cinematic Motion and Hdr Across Cinema, Home-Entertainment and Mobile Devices While Ensuring the Consistent Delivery of Artistic Intent
Pixelworks, Inc., a leading provider of advanced visual processing solutions, announced TrueCut, a powerful new cinematic video platform. TrueCut’s creative tools extend the boundaries for content creation, enabling filmmakers and content providers to take full advantage of today’s incredible cinema, home-entertainment and mobile displays, while TrueCut’s playback solutions ensure a consistent cinematic appearance across different devices, that is faithful to the original artistic intent.
TrueCut creative tools offer:
- A single, optimized workflow supporting high dynamic range and high frame-rate motion
- SDR to HDR remastering that delivers all the benefits of high dynamic range, including more color and detail while preserving the original artistic intent
- Judder controls, allowing for faster camera movement and higher dynamic-range color grading without undesirable strobing and judder effects
- Fine virtual shutter control, expanding the range of available motion clarity – from crisp and staccato to blurred, as desired
- Broader choices for motion, from a 24fps (frames per second) film feel, to smooth high frame-rate video
Marketing Technology News: YouTube Partners with Promo.com to Make Great Video Creative More Accessible to SMBs
Pixelworks’ TrueCut playback solutions ensure the faithful presentation of artistic intent on certified cinema, mobile and home-entertainment displays. When combined with the color calibration and HDR tone mapping of Iris enabled mobile devices, TrueCut provides the most accurate, cinematic viewing experience on smartphones. The creative tools can be used to deliver DCPs (Digital Cinema Packages) for theatrical presentations, as well as a TrueCut format for streaming to mobile and home-entertainment devices.
Marketing Technology News: How This Digital Agency Plans to Make Omnichannel Campaigns Quick, Easy, and Powerful
The technology underpinning the TrueCut platform leverages Pixelworks’ 20 years of leadership in video processing together with an enhanced understanding of how the human eyes see motion pictures. The Company has packaged this unique knowhow in the form of advanced algorithms, which are embedded into both the TrueCut tools and playback solutions.
Additionally, as part of the development process, Pixelworks collected a new visual dataset for motion and HDR that goes beyond anything previously available. From this dataset, the Company created a motion picture appearance model that predicts how video will look on a characterized display in a given environment. This model, together with proprietary video processing algorithms, creative tools and playback solutions were combined to build the “TrueCut” platform.
Marketing Technology News: Verizon Digital Media Services Cements Partnerships with THEO Technologies and IRIS.T