Algolia ‘s Acquisition of SeaUrchin.IO, Adds Deep Search Insights Capabilities and Strengthens Algolia’s New Query Analytics and Click Tracking Solutions
Algolia, the leading hosted Search & Discovery solution for websites and mobile apps, announced that it has acquired the technology behind SeaUrchin.IO, one of the first platforms built solely to deliver real-time search insights for enterprises. The acquisition complements Algolia’s new Search Analytics and Click Analytics solutions, which for the first time give customers a view into the entire search lifecycle from query to click-through to conversion.
Consumer expectations for an intuitive and personalized digital experience are putting the pressure on businesses to take a smarter, data-driven approach to building an amazing user experience. The acquisition of SeaUrchin.IO will accelerate the development of Algolia’s core analytics capabilities and improve the ability to surface granular search insights for customers. Now, using Algolia, product teams can gather and process user-generated data, understand the intent behind a query, and optimize their search experiences to boost user engagement and conversions.
With close to 5,000 customers in 100 countries, including many of the most innovative e-commerce, media, and SaaS businesses, Algolia currently processes 40 billion search queries a month — up 350 percent across customers and product usage over the past two years. Algolia’s Search API is central to how digital search and discovery experiences are built, managed, and now today — measured and optimized.
“Our customers are sitting on a wealth of data – every search query, every click contains valuable insights about what their users are ultimately looking for. Our mission is to give developers the building blocks to create intuitive and rewarding user experiences. The addition of SeaUrchin.IO to the Algolia toolkit helps us deliver on that mission by providing the data and insights to make a meaningful impact on the business,” said Nicolas Dessaigne, CEO, Co-Founder, Algolia.
Better Insight into User Search Behavior – From Query to Conversion
Algolia’s new Analytics and Click Analytics APIs help product teams see not only what users are searching for and how they are searching, but also what they are clicking on and the conversion and engagement performance for each query. Businesses can then use this information to improve search relevance and user experience, leading to increased user satisfaction, search result click-through rates, and higher conversion rates.
Enhanced Analytics API
- Searches: Optimize and refine search results with improved visibility into the queries and keywords people type as well as the queries that return zero results.
- Results: Improve relevance on every query by getting insights into the results users see when performing a search. Identify and analyze low-quality search results and find problematic queries such as common typos, obscure queries, and query reformulations in order to improve content and relevance.
- Filters: Create faster paths to conversion by predefining filters on specific keywords based on the most popular filters users are selecting when searching.
New Click Analytics API
- Clicks: Increase performance by gaining insights into which results users are clicking on, the position in which those results appear, and the average click position of specific search queries.
- Conversions: Bring search and conversion data together in order to understand which results are converting and optimize those search queries that lead to user abandonment.
Recommended Read: Getting Promo Codes Right