Carter’s, the largest branded marketer in North America of apparel exclusively for babies and young children, announced its first Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Report, detailing its strategic environmental, social and governance priorities and initiatives.
Carter’s CSR report focuses on three strategic pillars: People, Product and Planet, and sets forth its commitments and goals. These commitments and goals align with the Company’s mission of supporting all families with young children and its growth objectives.
Marketing Technology News: Wise Agent CRM Releases Artificial Intelligence Bot For Qualifying Real Estate Leads
“As the leading Company serving families with young children, we embrace the market evolution occurring as a result of the growing social responsibility expectations of our stakeholders, including consumers, employees, and investors. Our annual reporting will offer insight into our goals and initiatives, and also serve as an important benchmark in gauging our progress,” said Antonio Robinson, Senior Vice President of Corporate Social Responsibility. “We are pursuing opportunities to drive innovation and efficiencies across the lifecycle of our products, while enhancing our social and environmental impact.”
Through its corporate social responsibility issue assessment, Carter’s identified key areas of importance to the Company’s success and to its stakeholders. These areas include product quality and safety, product design and innovation, employee engagement, diversity and inclusion, climate change, workers’ rights and supply-chain management.
Carter’s has established goals under each strategic CSR pillar:
- Improve the well-being of at least 10 million families and at least 1 million workers within its global value chain by 2030
- Increase diverse representation across its global value chain
- Use 100% sustainable cotton and polyester fibers by 2030
- Maintain high quality and safety standards
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions by at least 25% by 2030, and develop a science-based target
- Use more sustainable packaging and reduce landfill waste
- Promote efficient use of water in the manufacturing of its products
Marketing Technology News: Avaya’s Hope Davó Honored As A 2021 CRN Rising Female Star For Shaping The Future Of The IT Channel