Cisco Meraki Launches Phunware Location Based Services in Meraki Marketplace
Phunware, Inc., a fully-integrated enterprise cloud platform for mobile that provides products, solutions, data and services for brands worldwide, today announced that Cisco Meraki now features the Company’s Multiscreen-as-a-Service (MaaS) Location Based Services (LBS) app in its Meraki Marketplace.
Cisco Systems, Inc. acquired Meraki in 2012, and today, Cisco Meraki is a leader in cloud controlled WiFi, routing and security, all managed from a centralized dashboard. The Meraki Marketplace is an exclusive catalog of Technology Partners like Phunware that showcases applications developed on top of the Meraki platform, allowing customers and partners to view, demo and deploy commercial solutions.
Marketing Technology News: Dataflix to Help NatureMills Deliver Better Customer Experience with Google Cloud Partnership
“We recently announced a collaboration debut between Phunware and Cisco Webex called the On My Way mobile app portfolio for South by Southwest (SXSW) attendees in March in conjunction with the Cisco Innovation Hub at Capital Factory, where I’ll be discussing three-dimensional cognitive workspaces,” said Randall Crowder, COO of Phunware. “The Meraki Marketplace will now provide Phunware an important channel to thousands of Cisco Meraki customers across more than 100 countries worldwide who need the very best LBS solutions for their network environments without the risk of deploying unproven technology.”
Phunware’s patented MaaS LBS software offers customers native, mobile-first capabilities that deliver proximity, sub one-second real-time blue dot indoor positioning, navigation and wayfinding functionality across any campus or facility while simplifying and streamlining the underlying integration and management of hardware and software. This mobile solution is not only ADA compliant, addressing the needs of anyone who is visually impaired, hearing impaired or wheelchair bound, but also transitions seamlessly between indoor and outdoor environments.
Marketing Technology News: Axiomatics Presents Data Security Trends Emerging in 2020
Key features of the Phunware MaaS LBS app portfolio include:
- Indoor Routing and Navigation: proximity and real-time blue dot mapping, navigation and wayfinding using Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons, Wi-Fi, Li-Fi and GPS
- Off-Route Notifications: real-time notifications for route modifications and adjustments
- Location Sharing: share, view and route to app users’ locations
- Customizable Points of Interest (POIs): create, configure and display unique POIs
- Simple Real-Time Map Management: edit, manage and update maps
- Additional Real-Time Location Services:conduct asset tracking, issue proximity alerts, monitor traffic patterns and more
- Native Map Experience: multi-layer vector maps, stitched in to Apple Maps and Google Maps, following the latest technology and design patterns including pinch zoom, panning and rotation
- Landmark Routing: developer landmark configuration options for more user-friendly, turn-by-turn directions and routing
Marketing Technology News: Leading Telecommunications Provider, Telefónica, Increases New User Retention by 50% Using Swrve