Breakthrough tech allows companies to use their existing search capabilities while keeping data safe from hackers already in their network.
IronCore Labs, the leading provider of data security for modern cloud applications, announced today the launch of Cloaked Search, a drop-in encrypted search solution to protect sensitive data held in existing search services, and a partnership with OpenSearch, a community-driven, open-source search service.
“Encrypting data is the best way to protect data from ransomware, hackers, and curious administrators,” said Patrick Walsh, CEO of IronCore Labs. “With Cloaked Search, you can now expand your vital data security measures to cover the data in your search service using encryption you can actually search on.”
Marketing Technology News: MediaTech Ventures and The Cannon partner in Entrepreneurship and Media in Texas
How Cloaked Search Works
Cloaked Search by IronCore Labs is a transparent encryption proxy, which means that it encrypts sensitive data before it goes to the search service and decrypts search results as they flow back from the search service. Anyone looking at the stored search data and the search indices who doesn’t have the proper key will only see random bytes instead of meaningful information.
Protecting Multi-tenant Customer Data
With native support for modern cloud applications, Cloaked Search includes features that allow separate master keys to protect different segments of data. This allows multi-tenant architectures to virtually isolate customer data and to eliminate any risk of accidentally leaking data between customers. Cloaked Search works out of the box with OpenSearch and Elasticsearch, the two most popular search services in use today. It also works with managed services that are built on top of OpenSearch or Elasticsearch.
Marketing Technology News: Avanade Named to Newsweek’s First-Ever Most Loved Workplaces List
To use Cloaked Search, developers simply point their code to the proxy instead of the search service. Rankings and results operate much the same as before. When indexing or searching documents, the proxy will automatically encrypt the documents and queries as needed.
Cloaked Search Features
- Easy-to-use no-code approach allows for quick setup.
- Encrypted search that integrates with an existing search system.
- Supports wildcard searches, phrase searches, complex queries, phonetic matches, field boosting, and more.
- Multi-key support allows inexpensive segmentation of data, virtual isolation of the data segments, and protection against search injection attacks.
- Selective protection allows admins to choose which fields to secure, while other fields pass through as normal. Admins can increase the number of fields protected over time.
- Integrates with IronCore Labs’ SaaS Shield product so SaaS customers can hold and manage their own encryption keys while getting full audit trails for all access to their data. SaaS applications can charge a premium for this Bring Your Own Key (BYOK) or Customer Managed Keys (CMK) functionality.
- Simple deployment options integrate well with kubernetes and other cloud orchestration.
- Self-trial means anyone can try it by downloading and running a docker container locally.
Marketing Technology News: United Nations Day: Moviebook Leverages Digital Technologies to Contribute to Sustainable…