Lucidchart Introduces Visual Reasoning Engine to Usher in the Powerful Combination of Diagramming, Collaboration and Data Visualization
Lucidchart, the leading visual workspace, announced its visual reasoning engine, which powers the platform’s automation and data visualization capabilities, along with new features and integrations designed to combine diagramming, collaboration and data visualization to accelerate understanding and drive innovation.
Lucidchart enables its more than 15 million users to gain an elevated perspective on complex problems and processes through its powerful diagramming core and collaboration features. The addition of the visual reasoning engine allows users to automate layout and easily pull in data from multiple platforms—Salesforce, AWS, Google Sheets and more—to layer on additional information that can provide added context for a more comprehensive view of relationships, interdependencies and areas of improvement, helping professionals of all fields solve problems, drive better business decisions and innovate faster.
“We’ve always tried to help people make sense of their business, but having so much data to manage and understand can get complicated. We’re making it easier and more intuitive for people to understand information in context and how it affects their organization,” said Karl Sun, CEO of Lucidchart. “The visual reasoning engine and the insights it will allow users to uncover will make it easier than ever for our customers to act on that data and do more with the information hiding within their organization.”
Marketing Technology News: Biscuitville Chooses SiteZeus to Help fuel their Location Growth
The visual reasoning engine that powers the Lucidchart Visual Workspace consists of three main pillars:
- Data integrations: Visualize information from other systems through powerful data integrations. In addition to existing integrations with a number of platforms, new features and integrations include the LinkedIn Sales Navigator, allowing sales teams to more effectively coordinate, communicate and execute account-based strategies to close deals faster; and Zapier, which connects Lucidchart to more than 1,500 other web services to allow users to automate work and maximize productivity.
- Automated layout: Spend less time creating and more time on strategy, collaboration and decision-making by auto-generating visuals within Lucidchart. Easily import data sets for org charts, network infrastructures and more to Lucidchart, and automatically create a diagram based on your specific parameters. You can also use new features like smart containers to help sort information to get a different perspective on your data to gain additional clarity and help make smarter decisions faster.
- Data in context: Powered by the visual reasoning engine, data visualization allows you to get better insights fast by seeing data in context of ideas, systems and processes already documented in Lucidchart. With features like dynamic shapes, users will be able to monitor the most important metrics visually, as well as bring live data into Lucidchart and create dashboards to show the progress, completion or growth of projects.
These new dynamic features will help across multiple industries and use cases, including:
- Helping business analysts visualize processes to gain insight and understanding needed to optimize for maximum efficiency and track progress.
- Enabling sales orgs to see the big picture of a deal through account maps, allowing for a faster, more clear understanding of the path to sale.
- Empowering engineering teams to build dynamic org charts automatically and providing the functionality to easily organize employees in scrum teams or other subgroups.
To help usher in this new data-centric phase of business, Lucidchart has also added Kelly Breslin Wright, former Tableau EVP of sales who was pivotal in guiding the company from its startup launch to a successful IPO and more than $800 million in annual revenue, to its board of directors. Kelly’s go-to-market expertise and enterprise experience make her a pivotal addition as Lucidchart continues to expand its use around the world.