Cinedigm Continues Expansion of Distribution Footprint, Launching Nine Streaming Networks on FreeCast’s SelectTV Service
The Agreement Brings Cinedigm Networks including Bambu, The Bob Ross Channel, Comedy Dynamics, CONtv, CONtv Anime, and more to SelectTV
Cinedigm announced today a partnership with North American OTT streaming company FreeCast to bring nine of Cinedigm’s popular streaming networks to FreeCast’s rapidly growing streaming service SelectTV.
Operated by next-generation television provider FreeCast, SelectTV makes it easier than ever to watch TV Shows, Movies, Events, and more online by organizing all of the web’s entertainment into the world’s most comprehensive SmartGuide. Whether you’re looking for the latest episode of your favorite TV Show, a fun movie for the whole family, or a live stream of tonight’s big game, it’s all just a click away with SelectTV. The SelectTV SmartGuide searches, updates, organizes, and manages over 2 million video sources daily, so viewers can spend less time searching and more time watching. The company’s service is available in browsers, iOS and Android apps, and supports casting to most major TVs via Chromecast and Airplay support.
Marketing Technology News: MHC Software Acquires Ecrion Software
Cinedigm Channels That Will Be provided to SelectTV Include:
- Bambu – Experience the best of Asian Blockbuster cinema and television at home
- Bob Ross Channel – Kick back and relax with acclaimed painter Bob Ross 24/7
- Comedy Dynamics – A new comedy network featuring the best new comedic voices as well as classic standup greats
- CONtv – A 24/7 Comicon at home featuring the best of pop culture, sci-fi, horror, fantasy, and more
- CONtv Anime – Meeting the needs of anime fans with acclaimed anime series & movies… cyberpunk, supernatural tales, gripping dramas and epic fantasy adventures
- Docurama – Thought provoking and award-winning documentaries from the world’s best filmmakers
- Dove Channel – Parent-approved movies and series that families can enjoy together
- SoDrama – Bringing you the best in British and Australian dramas & mysteries
- SoReal – Featuring the best in British non-fiction and reality series
The deal with FreeCast is the latest distribution expansion by Cinedigm Networks. The company plans on continued expansion this year of the company’s more than 330 million addressable devices in North America and more than 365 million internationally. The company plans to continue rapid expansion with digital platforms, OEMs, telcos, and cable & broadband providers worldwide.
Marketing Technology News: VUniverse Names Julie Rieger as Chief Executive Officer
“As families across North America seek more value out of their entertainment dollar, cord-cutting has truly become a mainstream phenomenon,” said Erick Opeka, President of Cinedigm Digital Networks. “SelectTV provides an amazing value to consumers and their SelectTV service puts us in front of a fast-growing, highly engaged user base. This deal furthers our mission of putting Cinedigm’s networks in every home in America, accessible on every connected device.”
“We are excited to bring Cinedigm’s diverse array of channels and content to our fast-growing user base on SelectTV,” said Tracy West, EVP Digital Content & Channel Distribution for FreeCast. “The high quality of programming across a diverse selection of genres makes Cinedigm a perfect fit for our customers.”
Marketing Technology News: IDStrong Warns Against Second Wave of Cyberattacks