Mercedes-Benz USA Launches Nationwide Brand Experience to Introduce the All-New Mercedes-EQ Lineup of Electric Vehicles
Mercedes-EQ Experience brand centers pop up in New York and California alongside a 20-city test drive tour to immerse consumers in the brand’s electrification efforts
Mercedes-Benz USA (MBUSA) announced today the launch of several interactive initiatives to educate consumers across the country about the brand’s first line of electric vehicles, Mercedes-EQ. Consumers in 20 U.S. cities will have the chance to test drive the first vehicle from the line, the all-new 2022 EQS Sedan, which officially arrives in the U.S. market later this fall. Later this month, the luxury automotive brand will also open the first of three Mercedes-EQ Experience brand centers in New York City, where guests will be able to learn more about its commitment to an electric future.
Marketing Technology News: Spirit of Wipro Run Brings Together Participants From Over 35 Countries
“Mercedes-Benz is focused on creating a smarter way of living and we look forward to bringing our U.S. consumers along on this important journey with us.”
The local test drives simultaneously kicked off in Las Vegas, NV and Orange County, CA on October 6. At the test drives, attendees will enjoy a complimentary 30-minute drive to experience the technology, design, functionality, and connectivity of the EQS Sedan. Each ride will be accompanied by a product specialist who will serve as a right seat passenger. Attendees will also have access to the Mobile Experience Center, a hub where they will experience the pinnacle of electric luxury, in addition to an interactive digital experience educating them on the charge and range capabilities of electric vehicles.
Marketing Technology News: ProWire Obtains US Patent for Its Real-Time Streaming Technology
On October 11, the Mercedes-EQ Experience will open its doors in the Meatpacking District of New York City, located at 60 10th Avenue, and will remain open through December 1. The Mercedes-EQ Experience will bring to life next generation innovations of Mercedes-EQ. A range of curated, immersive experiences will touch on the themes of a sustainable future, progressive luxury, and education on the vehicle’s charge and range capabilities. These will include:
- An interactive energy harvesting pathway, created in partnership with Pavegen, where guests will be invited to walk over kinetic tech floor tiles that will generate reusable clean energy with each footstep. As attendees walk over the Pavegen floor tiles, their weight will compress an electromagnetic generator, which in turn will transform each individual footstep into a small amount of energy that is converted into clean electricity. LED visuals will showcase Mercedes-EQ’s commitment to tech-forward innovations and an electric future.
- A museum-like space highlighting how Mercedes-Benz seamlessly weaves together innovation and luxury featuring video content, artifacts, and sketches of the EQ design process.
- A Mercedes-EQ education station which will provide attendees with an interactive digital map highlighting the unprecedented access they will have to charging stations across the country and in local areas.
- An energizer-comfort zone where guests will enjoy a transformative atmosphere featuring three settings based on acoustic ecologist, Gordon Hempton’s, audio library, resulting in a sound and ambient lighting experience.
- EQS 450+ and EQS 580 vehicle displays for attendees to see the new model in person.
- A large timeline display of the brand’s sustainability initiatives leading up to its goal of being carbon neutral by 2039.
An additional Mercedes-EQ experience will open in Santa Monica, CA from November 15-December 15, with a final center opening in early 2022.
“We are so excited to provide our U.S. consumers with a luxury electric offering with the new EQS Sedan. Through these local initiatives, we want to make it as easy as possible for drivers across the country to learn about the new Mercedes-EQ family of vehicles, and ultimately, feel comfortable going electric,” said Monique Harrison, Head of Brand at Mercedes-Benz USA. “Mercedes-Benz is focused on creating a smarter way of living and we look forward to bringing our U.S. consumers along on this important journey with us.”
Marketing Technology News: MarTech Interview with Damien Mahoney, Co-founder and CEO at Stackla