Browserstacks’ App Automate Allows for Automated Testing of Application Across 1000s Android and iOS Devices
BrowserStack, the most reliable web and mobile browser testing platform on the market, announced the release of App Automate, enabling users to run automated tests for mobile applications on the BrowserStack Real Device Cloud. With App Automate, users can concurrently run automated tests for both native and hybrid mobile apps on thousands of iOS and Android devices. BrowserStack continues to dominate the software testing space, and now with App Automate is signifying its entry as the de facto choice for mobile app testing.
“Automated testing is mission critical for organizations needing to quickly scale their mobile apps. Consumers today are running mobile apps on a countless number of devices, so developers must have access to every device imaginable in order to deliver the level of performance that consumers are accustomed to. As displayed by our growing community of more than two million developers in 135 countries, we have seen tremendous success in the web browser testing space. Now it is time for us to deliver the most scalable and quality mobile app testing solution on the market, to further achieve our vision of being the testing infrastructure for the internet,” said Ritesh Arora, Co-Founder, CEO, BrowserStack.
With the emergence of DevOps as a strategic differentiator, engineering teams are adopting Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) methodologies to ship apps faster and streamline their DevOps pipeline. Automated app testing is the best way to optimize the processes required to achieve world-class CI/CD, and hence, world-class DevOps.
“BrowserStack’s App Automate brings simplicity and automation to the complex act of web and mobile application testing. App Automate enables the automated testing of applications across thousands of devices in parallel, making comprehensive application testing simple. App Automate also integrates with the leading testing frameworks and CI/CD tools to ensure fully automated testing across the DevOps pipeline,” said Stephen Hendrick, Research Director, Enterprise Management Associates.
App Automate features include:
- Real Device Cloud: Run mobile apps on BrowserStack’s wide range of pristine physical mobile iOS and Android devices and tablets for the most accurate testing results.
- Over 1,000 iOS and Android devices: Access to test on mobile devices from every manufacturer including iPhone, Samsung, Nexus and more, with every screen size, screen resolution, and operating system.
- Integrate effortlessly: Integrate effortlessly with BrowserStack using the most popular app automation frameworks including Appium, Espresso (beta) and XCUITest (beta).
- Natural gestures: Interact with mobile apps on the remote device – just as a user would with their device in hand, allowing to test functions such as tap, scroll, zoom, swipe and more.
- Real-time debugging: Debug apps, view video and logs and leverage stack trace to find and fix bugs in software instantly.
- Test development environments: Test both native and hybrid apps, out of the box on internal development and staging environments.
- Smart app upload: Never upload the same IPA or APK twice. Select from historical usage, and start testing right away.
- Speed up test runs: Release builds faster by running tests concurrently across thousands of devices and reduce test execution time by more than 10x by using parallel tests.
- Uncompromising Security: Benefit from BrowserStack’s strong SOC 2-compliant security policies to ensure that all builds are stored on secured servers, and all app data is wiped clean from the device after the session ends.
“BrowserStack helps us simulate and check real user behavior before Airtasker ships to its users. With App Automate, we are able to deploy often, through rapid and on-demand regression checks on a variety of mobile devices.There are great benefits in not having to worry about the test infrastructure required for automation, which includes zero overhead and maintenance costs thanks to App Automate. Instead, we choose to invest precious time and dollars on our automation framework and CI/CD practices. We appreciate the technical support and high reliability of devices offered by BrowserStack. This helps our goal of delivering a top-notch product to the Airtasker community,” said Kanak Kalburgi, Automation Engineer, Airtasker.
Recommended Read: Tech-Obsessed Americans Are More Impatient Today Than Five Years Ago