Now You Can Instantly Ask Tripit Questions Like When You Should Leave for the Airport or What Time You Land
TripIt from Concur, the world’s highest-rated travel-organizing app, today released a new TripIt skill for Amazon Alexa. TripIt users can now ask Alexa to instantly get details about an upcoming flight.
“Now when you’re home and preparing for your trip, you don’t have to pick up your phone or laptop to get the flight information you need,” said Jen Moyse, director of product at TripIt from Concur. “We want to help you make the most of your time as a busy traveler, wherever you are.”
With the new skill, TripIt users can ask Alexa about their flight summary, information about the weather, aircraft and much more. TripIt Pro customers will also be able to get real-time updates on their flight status.
Marketing Technology News: Chris Torres Writes First Ever Marketing Advice Book for the Tours and Activities Industry
How it works:
“Alexa, what’s my departure time?”
To get started using the TripIt skill:
- Travelers can enable the TripIt skill and link to their TripIt account using the Alexa app. First-time Alexa users will need to download the Amazon Alexa app. Users can also enable the skill through the Alexa Skills Store on Amazon.com.
- The TripIt skill can be found in the “Skills & Games” section—just search for “TripIt” and select “Enable.”
- Users can then open the TripIt skill for Alexa by prompting “Alexa, open TripIt” and asking a question about their upcoming flight.
- Alexa will provide users with information about their next flight directly from TripIt.
Questions TripIt users can ask:
- What is my flight summary?
- What time is my flight?
- What is my airline?
- What type of aircraft am I flying on?
- What is the weather like at my destination?
- What seat do I have?
- What is the duration of my flight?
- When do I arrive?
Marketing Technology News: Taptica International Rebrand Reflects Video Advertising Leadership
TripIt Pro users can also ask:
- What is my flight’s status?
- When should I leave for the airport?
- What terminal is my flight in?
- Where is my gate?
TripIt for Amazon Alexa is available to all U.S. and Canada TripIt users with an Alexa-enabled device such as an Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Plus, Echo Show, and Echo Spot. A subscription to TripIt Pro ($49/year) is required to get real-time flight status.
Marketing Technology News: LivePerson Wins 2019 Artificial Intelligence Breakthrough Award