Data Shows the Rise of the Road Fan, Crowd Breakdown for Biggest Matchups
Vivid Seats Inc. (“Vivid Seats”), a leading marketplace that utilizes its technology platform to connect millions of buyers with thousands of ticket sellers across hundreds of thousands of events each year, today revealed its football fan insights into the 2022 NFL season, predicting the crowd makeup for the biggest matchups of Week 1 and how the most die-hard fans will be supporting their home teams this season.
Fan Forecast is Vivid Seats’ industry-leading and data-centric look at the passionate fan bases of the teams we all know and love. Using an algorithm that explores proprietary data, Vivid Seats can project which team’s fan base will show up to win the battle in the crowd. Analyzing its historic data insights and current ticket sales, Vivid Seats is predicting which fans will be winning in the stands for some of the most anticipated games of Week 1:
First Week Forecast
- Raiders at Chargers: Raiders 75%, Chargers 25%. Silver and Black pride will be on full display at SoFi Stadium as Raider Nation is projected to pack the house against the Chargers.
- Broncos at Seahawks: Seahawks 70%, Broncos 30%. Broncos fans travel well, but Seattle’s 12th Man will dominate the crowd for Russell Wilson’s return. Seahawks fans are predicted to outnumber Broncos fans 2:1.
- Bills at Rams: Rams 55%, Bills 45%. The famously faithful Bills fans will show up in full force in Los Angeles, as their team kicks off the season as the favorite to win the Super Bowl.
- Patriots at Dolphins: Dolphins 70%, Patriots 30%. The Patriots fan base typically shows up strong against the Dolphins, with no shortage of New Englanders living in Florida, but Dolphins fans are projected to make up the majority of the crowd.
- Steelers at Bengals: Bengals 80%, Steelers 20%. Steeler Nation always travels well, but the Bengals, led by star quarterback Joe Burrow and receiver Ja’Marr Chase, will have plenty of fans on hand to watch the AFC Championship banner get raised.
Marketing Technology News: Liveplex Launches Web 3.0 Ecosystem for Loyalty and Rewards
On the Road Again
According to Vivid Seats’ data, over the last four years there has been a continued year-over-year rise in road fans traveling to support their favorite teams in stadiums and fields across the country. On average, 1 out of every 4 fans at an NFL Week 1 game in 2021 were rooting for the visiting team. Vivid Seats calculated the Fan Forecast for every Week 1 game in 2021 and compared the numbers with Week 1 games in 2017. In 2017, the average Fan Forecast for Week 1 NFL games was 87% in favor of the home team while in 2021, that number was 75%.
Take Your Pick
Exploring its Fan Forecast data over the last five years, Vivid Seats has found that the team with the crowd advantage in the stadium seats is more likely to win on the field. Armed with the latest Fan Forecast data, sports fans will have an edge when deciding how to place their over/under picks this football season. With Vivid Seats’ new daily fantasy sports app Vivid Picks, fans can make simple real money player predictions and win big payouts while scoring tickets to the hottest games to see their picks pan out live.
Marketing Technology News: MarTech Interview with Tom Libretto, Chief Marketing Officer at Workhuman