For the Third Year in a Row, Superoffice Has Published Their Annual Customer Service Benchmark Report. This Year, the Company Analyzed 1,000 Companies to See How They Manage Customer Service Requests
SuperOffice, Europe’s leading Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software provider, finds that 62% of companies do not respond to customer service emails, according to a new study.
Customer service studies suggest that while 80% of businesses believe they provide excellent service to their customers, only 8% experience an excellent service. SuperOffice wanted to find out if these numbers were accurate and so they conducted their own customer service performance analysis of 1,000 companies, both large and small organizations, around the world.
To conduct the research, SuperOffice sent a customer service request to each company with two questions and scored results on how fast the companies responded, the support content, quality, and tone of the response.
Businesses continue to emphasize how important their customers are, yet the number of companies that do not respond to customer requests has continued to grow.
Here are the key findings from the new study:
- 62% of companies do not respond to customer service emails
- 90% of companies do not acknowledge or inform the customer that an email has been received
- 97% of companies do not follow up with customers to see if they are satisfied with the response
- Only 20% of companies are able to answer questions in the first reply
- The average response time to handle a customer service request is 12 hours and 10 minutes