DataStax today revealed that it is seeing strong adoption of its open, multi-cloud data stack among leading brands as enterprises increasingly embrace DataStax’s offerings—including the DataStax Astra serverless cloud database and DataStax Enterprise—to build and run modern data apps.
Marketing Technology News: MarTech Interview with Teodora Curelciuc, Product and Brand Marketing Manager, for GetApp at Gartner
“As a billion-dollar online retailer, our growth is tied to delivering personalized customer experiences. I’m excited about the ‘art of the possible’ with the combination of Pulsar and DataStax including reducing our overall database costs and challenging our revenue-generating applications to take advantage of this scalable architecture.”
On the heels of new funding from Goldman Sachs, the company announced that in recent months it has signed new or expanded contracts with leading enterprises across industries and across the globe, including CGi Global Technologies, Energisme, ESL Gaming, Innovapost, Koddi, Overstock.com, Payment Approved, Titanium Intelligent Solutions, T-Mobile, Trading Technologies International, UBIRCH, US Bank, and Verizon.
“We are humbled by the innovative businesses that we have the opportunity to partner with,” said Chet Kapoor, DataStax chairman and chief executive officer. “Enterprises are drowning in data volume, complexity, and escalating costs. We help them deliver an open data stack that is built for today’s modern apps that require massive scale, zero downtime, and sustainable TCO.”
DataStax Recent Highlights
- Launched Astra serverless, the industry’s first and only open, serverless, multi-cloud database-as-a-service (DBaaS). Astra builds on Apache Cassandra and introduces a modern, microservices-based architecture for “pay-as-you-go” data consumption. The cost optimization and operational benefits of Astra serverless can deliver total cost of ownership (TCO) savings of up to 75 percent over non-serverless database workloads, according to a recent study by GigaOm.
- Joined forces with IBM to provide customers with a hybrid cloud solution that can be deployed on private or multiple public clouds for applications requiring open source Apache Cassandra-based technology.
- Delivered scale-out streaming based on Apache Pulsar with the acquisition of Kesque.
- Secured a new investment from Goldman Sachs to continue aggressively growing sales and marketing teams, scale globally, and double down on product development.
Marketing Technology News: APIDM Launches New Digital Credentialing Initiative with Credly
What enterprises and partners are saying about DataStax
- ESL Gaming is the world’s largest esports company leading the industry across the most popular video games with numerous online and offline competitions. “We’re excited with the ease of migration and the fact we won’t have to incur any downtime. Thanks to DataStax’s expertise in Cassandra, we will be able to easily migrate to Astra without inconveniencing our team or our customers.”
— Ben Burns, vice president, technology, ESL Gaming
- Google Cloud is widely recognized as a global leader in delivering a secure, open, intelligent, and transformative enterprise cloud platform. “We’re delighted to deliver DataStax’s Astra service and DataStax Enterprise natively on Google Cloud and proud of the value that our partnership is providing customers as they become more data-driven organizations. We’re committed to making it incredibly easy to deploy and manage Astra on Google Cloud, and to helping customers run DataStax across hybrid and multi-cloud environments with Anthos.”
— Nirav Sheth, director, ISV and partner sales, Google Cloud
- Overstock.com is an online retailer and technology company based in Salt Lake City, Utah. “As a billion-dollar online retailer, our growth is tied to delivering personalized customer experiences. I’m excited about the ‘art of the possible’ with the combination of Pulsar and DataStax including reducing our overall database costs and challenging our revenue-generating applications to take advantage of this scalable architecture.”
— George Trujillo, vice president of data engineering at Overstock.com
- Payment Approved connects payment sources worldwide through a unified channel. “With its reliability and velocity, on top of supporting our cost-effective, scalable cloud architecture, DataStax Astra is helping us usher in the future of fast, safe, and secure global money movement.”
— Bump Verde, chief technology officer, Payment Approved
- T-Mobile redefines the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. “As we look ahead and evaluate how data can enrich our customer interactions and overall operations, we are finding that DataStax provides us the scale performance and architectural flexibility we need to allow us to speed the modernization of our data ecosystem. For this reason, DataStax will play a key role in our overall data strategy going forward and they’ve been a great and valued partner.”
— Venkata Donthireddy, director, autonomous platforms, T-Mobile
- Titanium Intelligent Solutions is an advisory-based solutions platform. “DataStax Astra provides optimal flexibility and performance for our Internet of Things (IoT) solutions. The cost efficiencies help us provide better value to our environmental quality control, energy savings, and safety/operational control clients, while capitalizing on accelerated, real-time data analysis to produce smarter results.”
— Ara Bederjikian, president, Titanium Intelligent Solutions
- Trading Technologies International, Inc. is a global provider of high-performance professional trading software, infrastructure and data solutions. “DataStax helps Trading Technologies harness the power of real-time financial market data in order to offer our clients personalized trading, analytics, and risk management solutions with high throughput and reliability. With this transformation of big data economics, we can incorporate machine learning and other innovations that push the limits of technology for superior customer experiences.”
— Shridhar Sheth, vice president, software engineering, Trading Technologies
- US Bank is the fifth largest commercial bank in the US. “With DataStax, we are able to serve real-time data to meet the expectations of our customers with less than 20 milliseconds of latency. At the same time, we are able to create 360-degree views of our customers, which makes it easier to personalize experiences in today’s experience economy.”
— Michael Palmer, head of data and digital platforms, US Bank
- Verizon offers voice, data, and video services and solutions on its award-winning networks and platforms, delivering on customers’ demand for mobility, reliable network connectivity, security, and control. “Verizon is embracing innovations to develop and monetize new business opportunities based on our expanding, multi-layered infrastructure including cloud, broadband, and 5G mobile networks. Verizon uses DataStax as part of its platform to deliver superior user experiences and drive continued growth. We’ve also long been fans of Apache Pulsar for its high availability, low-latency, scale-out event streaming capabilities, and we were thrilled to learn that DataStax is offering their support for the project through their Kesque acquisition.”
— Greg Sly, senior vice president, platforms and infrastructure, Verizon
Marketing Technology News: Helping Small Businesses Succeed