Mering Launches Global Multichannel Campaign for Visit California
Digital Extension to California Road Trip Republic Ad Taps Five Media Platforms to Deliver Personalized Consumer Experiences
As an extension of Visit California’s California Road Trip Republic “Born to Be Wild” commercial that launched in late 2019, consumer action agency Mering has created unique digital experiences across five media platforms including Instagram, Snapchat, Spotify, Pinterest and TripAdvisor.
The multichannel campaign, which began rolling out this month in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Australia and the United Kingdom, goes beyond promoting California as the ultimate road trip destination to give prospective travelers a range of personalized experiences along the consumer journey, from inspiration to planning.
Marketing Technology News: Spiro Calls Sales Leaders to Join the AI Movement with Proactive Relationship Management
“Travel and personalization go hand-in-hand,” said Caroline Beteta, president and CEO of Visit California. “With these custom digital experiences, we can meet users on their preferred platforms and deliver an inspiring, personal California road trip experience that will effectively motivate consumers to book a trip.”
Platform integrations include:
- Spotify users can take a quiz to generate a custom California road trip playlist while audio ads provide immersive auditory inspiration, placing listeners in iconic California locations via 360 sound recordings.
- Instagram Story Polls ask users to make road trip-related decisions such as choosing a favorite car snack, while a roulette game delivers a hyperlapse mini road trip on Instagram and Snapchat.
- A custom content hub on TripAdvisor provides users with a range of California road trip itineraries that can be filtered by personal preference, including theme and California region, and then saved.
- A custom Snapchat Lens puts the user in a vehicle traveling across California with colorful backdrops of the Pacific Ocean, Joshua Tree National Park and the redwoods.
- In the first global API integration on Pinterest for a destination marketing organization, users can take a quiz that results in the generation of a custom California road trip inspiration board. Each custom board features dozens of pins tailored to the interests and type of road trip a user wants to experience.
Marketing Technology News: Connatix Research Shows Gen Z Prefers Multifaceted Content Experiences
“More and more, we are taking campaign platforms like California Road Trip Republic and creating fun and engaging ways for consumers to interact with the brand,” said Mark Taylor, chief creative officer of Mering, Visit California’s global brand agency of record since 1998.
Marketing Technology News: Nifty Games Teams Up With The NBA And NBPA To Bring Head-To-Head Basketball Action To Mobile Devices