New Leadership, New Identity, New Company, New Partners
authID.AI announced its results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2021. The Company, previously known as Ipsidy, made strategic changes in its branding, leadership and board of directors, and continued to expand its channel partner network.
The authID platform eliminates the need for passwords by delivering secure biometric identity proofing and authentication solutions to a broad array of verticals including finance, healthcare, sharing economy, online gaming and other large data-sensitive industries. The strengthened firm is poised to capture greater share of the growing market for password alternatives and cyber threat solutions.
Marketing Technology News: ThreeFold and ODE usher in Web 3.0 with Decentralized Data Privacy, Management, Sovereignty, and…
Financial Results for the Three Months and Six Months Ended June 30, 2021
- Total revenue for the three months ended June 30, 2021 increased to $0.6 million from $0.3 million for the same period ended June 30, 2020. Total revenue for the six months in 2021 increased to $1.2 million from $1.1 million for the same period in 2020.
- Net loss for the three months ended June 30, 2021 decreased by 12% to $3.1 million as compared to $3.5 million for the three months ended June 30, 2020. Net loss for the six-month period in 2021 decreased by 24% to $5.5 million from $7.3 million for the same period in 2020.
- Basic and diluted net loss per share for the three months ended June 30, 2021 improved by 25% to $0.15 cents from $0.20 cents for the three months ended June 30, 2020. Basic and diluted net loss per share for the six months ended June 30, 2021 improved by 33% to $0.28 cents from $0.42 cents for the same period ended June 30, 2020.
- Adjusted EBITDA loss for the three-month periods ended June 30, 2021 and June 30, 2020 was unchanged at $1.4 million. Adjusted EBITDA loss for the six-month period ended June 30, 2021 was $2.6 million as compared to $2.7 million for the same period in 2020.
- Effective June 14, 2021, the Company completed a 1-for-30 reverse stock split of common stock in order to make it easier for investors to trade in our stock and as a necessary step before the Company’s common stock can be admitted to listing on a national exchange.
- During the six months ended June 30, 2021, the Company received voluntary conversion notices to exchange approximately $6.2 million of convertible notes and a majority of the accrued interest into approximately 1.2 million (post-split) shares of common stock. This conversion was the primary reason for the reduction in Total liabilities outstanding from $9.3 million as of December 31, 2020 to $3.7 million as of June 30, 2021.
Marketing Technology News: TVU Networks Partners with Blackbird to Integrate Cloud-Native, Real-Time Editing Into TVU Producer
The Company continued to execute upon its strategy of expanding the authID Channel Partner Network. Various agreements were executed with integration efforts underway or nearing completion with fintech companies, technology solutions providers, and payment processors who will deploy authID’s trusted identity verification and seamless FIDO2 passwordless login services with their customer portfolios in order to mitigate identity fraud, account takeover and phishing. The highlights for the six-month period ending June 30, 2021 include:
- Rebranded as authID.ai with a new ticker symbol of AUID to best capture our vision for the future of biometric authentication and our mission to replace passwords.
- Appointed a new management team with deep industry experience and success spearheading significant growth at market-leading technology companies. Tom Thimot joined authID as Chief Executive Officer and Board Director, and Tripp Smith joined as President and Chief Technology Officer in order to propel the Company’s next phase of growth.
- Completed integration to Temenos core banking platform making the full complement of authID’s identity verification and authentication solutions easily available to the Temenos global portfolio. The services will be launched in the third quarter with a North American bank committed to providing a secure frictionless onboarding and passwordless banking experience for their international clientele.
- Selected by CU NextGen, a leading provider of next generation technology solutions and platforms to US-based credit unions. CU NextGen is leveraging authID’s biometric identity authentication solution to transform the way its credit union clients recognize their members—both digitally and in person. CU NextGen has completed integration to authID with its first credit union and looks forward to rolling out authID’s services to additional clients across the United States.
- Selected by US payment processor, On The Fly POS, who will deliver authID’s trusted identity verification and seamless passwordless login services with its card-present and payment gateway merchant portfolios.
- Expanded our partner network in the Americas, signing an extension to our agreement with Inetum (a division of the global IT services company formerly known as Gfi), covering the North and Central American regions. The Agreement also provides access to Mexico’s national identity registry, through Inetum, which when integrated to authID will enhance our identity verification services.
- Signed an agreement with BPSmart, an innovative technology provider servicing North America and Latin America, to integrate the authID identity services into their chat-based AI-Powered, Digital Assistant Platform.
- Added through a US channel partner various sharing-economy and ecommerce providers, including auto-rentals and property management companies, who are leveraging our biometric identity proofing services to help reduce identity fraud in digital customer onboarding.
Marketing Technology News: Ytel Announces The First of Its Kind CPaaS Workflow Software to Compliment its Platform APIs