Identity Automation Releases Summer 2020 Update for RapidIdentity IAM Platform
Highlights Include Password Blacklist Screening, Scheduled Entitlements, & QR Code Branding
Identity Automation announced the latest release to RapidIdentity, the most complete Identity and Access Management (IAM) platform on the market. New enhancements include password blacklist screening, scheduled entitlements, and FIPS compliance certification, among others.
Marketing Technology News: RPA Leaders Kryon and Everest Group Meet Online to Discuss Automation in the New Normal
“At Identity Automation, we put a strong focus on our customer’s needs and strive for continuous innovation and improvement of our solutions,” said Michael Webb, Chief Technology Officer at Identity Automation. “We are pleased to announce the latest generation of RapidIdentity and provide our customers with the most in-demand capabilities for today’s evolving IAM challenges.”
Marketing Technology News: Affectv Appoints Daniel Harrison to Drive Commercial Operations as GM US Sales
The Summer 2020 RapidIdentity update is the first release of the year and includes enhancements, such as:
- Password Blacklist Screening: If enabled, this feature uses an API-open service to screen new passwords against a database provided by Have I Been Pwned to determine if a password has been revealed in past data breaches and if so, notifies the user to select a different password.
- Scheduled Entitlements: This new feature aligns with Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) change management best practices to enable users to request entitlements for a future date/time. While privileged access can be granted in advance, RapidIdentity does not execute the provisioning workflow until the specified date/time. This process can also seamlessly integrate with change management systems for complete automation.
- FIPS Compliance Certification: While previously Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) compliant, a set of computer system security standards set by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), RapidIdentity is now FIPS certified.
- Enhanced QwickAccess IGEL Shared Sessions: QwickAccess users can now login to shared instances of Hyperspace via Citrix on a kiosk workstation, enabling clinicians to use the same device through a generic account. Users then authenticate to the shared Hyperspace instance using their individual user accounts. This enhancement enables a single IGEL device to be used by more clinicians, without compromising security and auditability.
- QR Code Branding: This feature gives school districts more personalization capabilities in QR codes, such as customized colors, font, and text for QR codes and QRC badges.
- New Integration Support for Epic: Identity Automation now supports the connection from RapidIdentity Automated Lifecycle Management to Epic EMR to push identity lifecycle updates.
- Added Thin Client Support: The RapidIdentity Summer 2020 update also includes new QwickAccess support for HP ThinPro 7.1.
Marketing Technology News: LuxSci Provides Free HIPAA-Compliant Email to Labs