Report: 84% of Marketers State Direct Mail Improves Multichannel Campaign Performance
Survey of nearly 600 marketers conducted by PFL and Demand Metric unveils key channel insights in multichannel marketing
PFL, the pioneer and leader in Tactile Marketing Automation, today releases its third annual report, “The State of Multichannel Marketing.” The study found multichannel campaigns including direct mail report an ROI 18 percentage points higher than those without direct mail, and 84 percent of respondents indicate direct mail improves multichannel campaign performance.
Tactile Marketing Automation, defined as personalized, integrated direct and dimensional mail, adds another element to multichannel marketing campaigns. With it, organizations can immerse customers and prospects in a physical, memorable brand experience that creates deeper engagement. Because of its use of behavioral data, content is sent to the right person at the right time. Accurate data, understanding your target audience, and making sure messaging is on-brand are the most important factors in multichannel campaign success, according to ‘The State of Multichannel Marketing’ report. Integrating Tactile Marketing Automation as part of your strategy ensures all three are prevalent in your marketing mix.
Marketing Technology News: Validity Launches GridBuddy Cloud To Integrate Multiple Salesforce Orgs In One View
“With marketing budgets projected to decrease over the next year, marketing leaders don’t have room for error in their multichannel strategies and campaigns,” said Andrew Field, CEO of PFL. “Delivering a brand experience that breaks through the clutter is essential in today’s digital-first world, leading to increased brand recognition, engagement and, most importantly, sales.”
PFL’s ‘The State of Multichannel Marketing’ report is composed of survey results from nearly 600 marketers. The report shares key findings in multichannel marketing, target audiences, and direct mail, as well as provides research insights from PFL customers.
Marketing Technology News: UJET Launches its Channel Partner Program with PeakView Partnership
Additional takeaways from the report include:
- Data accuracy, understanding audience needs, and branding are the top multichannel marketing campaign success factors.
- Marketers who use 4-6 channels in their multichannel campaigns report the best response rates.
- Events and integrated, branded, and personalized direct mail are the most effective channels for reaching target audiences.
- Direct mail is the best channel to reach the executive, or C-Suite, audience.
- Respondents reported a 41% increase in “good” or “very good” ROI when direct mail is part of the multichannel mix.
- The effectiveness rating of email dropped considerably in 2020, no longer appearing in the top five best channels to use for a sales and/or marketing audience.
Marketing Technology News: Cordial Enhances Its Cross-Channel Platform With A Reimagined Mobile App Solution