Hewlett Packard Enterprise Drives Hybrid Cloud Disruption With New HPE GreenLake Cloud Services and Partnerships
Hewlett Packard Enterprise announced a series of innovation updates to its market-leading HPE GreenLake cloud services portfolio, and new capabilities and partnerships designed to dramatically simplify the experience and expand the reach of the HPE GreenLake Cloud Services business.
Marketing Technology News: How Corporate Brands Can Get the Most Out of Production Music for Their Content
These updates include:
- New HPE GreenLake cloud services for virtual machines, containers and bare metal management with scalable, modular entry points specifically tailored for mid-market businesses, starting at 100 VMs, and increasing to 600 VMs.
- New agreements with ALSO Group, Arrow Electronics, Ingram Micro Inc., Synnex, and Tech Data that expand the market reach for HPE GreenLake Cloud Services by integrating HPE GreenLake in their online marketplaces. HPE has also expanded its colocation partnership with CyrusOne and collaboration with digital infrastructure provider Equinix to greatly simplify the cloud experience for joint customers.
- A new simplified billing experience on HPE GreenLake Central that enables partners to deliver a cloud experience to their customers faster and more seamlessly.
- Enhanced features to the HPE GreenLake for Aruba offering, part of the HPE Partner Ready for Networking Program, tailored to partners seeking to shift to an as-a-service selling model, while helping end customers achieve maximum return on networking investments.
Businesses of all sizes, in every industry, now operate in a hybrid, edge to cloud world. Organizations recognize that a one-size-fits-all approach through public cloud does not work for the majority of their applications and data, which must stay on-premises or at the edge, due to several factors, including cost, compliance, control, governance, latency and performance, security, and application entanglement.
HPE provides a unique approach to hybrid cloud through HPE GreenLake cloud services, which combines the agility and simplicity of the cloud with the governance and control of an on-premises environment. This strategy clearly resonates with the market, as the HPE GreenLake Cloud Services business now has over $4.5 billion in total contract value, and in Q1 2021 HPE grew its Annualized Revenue Run Rate (ARR) by 27 percent year-over-year. This momentum is further magnified by HPE’s partner ecosystem, with partner led orders for HPE GreenLake growing 116% in Q1 2021. Now HPE partners of every category – including channel, colocation, distributor, independent software vendors, service providers, and systems integrators – have embraced HPE GreenLake as a platform of choice for delivering digital transformation for their clients.
“By combining the HPE GreenLake cloud services with the interconnection capabilities of Equinix Fabric™, customers that require an edge-to-cloud infrastructure can create a digital advantage by connecting to the more than 10,000 clouds, networks, service providers and rich ecosystems currently available on our trusted platform.”
Expanded cloud services portfolio
Today, HPE unveiled three new modular HPE GreenLake cloud services that provide customers with low-cost, smaller entry points. Customers can start small and have the flexibility to scale out to meet future requirements. They can choose the deployment size, compute instance, or storage volume instances that best fit their needs, and scale incrementally – either in a modular way with compute and storage, or with multi-rack support.
Marketing Technology News: Former Kantar Media Global CEO Andy Brown Joins TVSquared as Executive Advisor
The new and expanded HPE GreenLake cloud services include:
- HPE GreenLake cloud services for bare metal: Allows customers to discover, provision and manage compute and storage resources in HPE GreenLake Central, to run workloads directly on the server, or use VMs or containers in the mix that best fits their business. This provides customers with control, agility and a lower cost approach to build platforms tailored to their performance, cost, and configuration requirements.
- HPE GreenLake cloud services for virtual machines (VMs) with a robust set of choices: Customers can get started easily, and choose from various deployments, as well as compute and storage instance types sized for 100 VMs and up, in standardized blocks with 4, 8, 12, and 16 compute nodes. New to the VMs cloud service is the option to add backup as a service.
- HPE GreenLake cloud services for containers: Using the same scalable building blocks as bare metal and virtual machines, the HPE GreenLake cloud service for containers offers solutions based on small, medium, large and extra-large capacity sizes for the HPE Ezmeral Container platform.
Partner ecosystem expansion
Distribution partners are a vital component of the HPE partner ecosystem and the HPE GreenLake Cloud Services business is rapidly growing through this segment. Today HPE builds on this momentum by offering HPE GreenLake directly in the cloud marketplaces of several distributors, including ALSO Group, Arrow Electronics, Ingram Micro Inc., Synnex, and Tech Data. Now more than 100,000 partners can leverage HPE GreenLake through distributors, to deliver a cloud experience directly to their customers, through simple quoting, ordering, and invoicing of HPE GreenLake at pre-configured and pre-priced offers.
For customers who prefer a colocation model, HPE GreenLake is deepening its partnership with CyrusOne and its collaboration with digital infrastructure provider, Equinix. Joint customers can now run HPE GreenLake on CyrusOne or Equinix through one agreement and one invoice, greatly simplifying and accelerating the procurement process. HPE GreenLake is rapidly growing its network of colocation and service providers and recently announced partnerships with UK-based Interxion and Wavenet, as well as with Beyond.pl, a leading service provider in Central Europe.
“CyrusOne’s enterprise customers have certainly benefited from accessing HPE GreenLake cloud services in this new era of digital transformation,” said Fred Holloway, Vice President, Enterprise Sales at CyrusOne. “We’re excited to continue to expand our strategic partnership with HPE GreenLake, enabling our customers to access the HPE hybrid cloud capabilities that help drive their business forward.”
“As the demand for digital infrastructure and cloud-based services has never been stronger, HPE and Equinix are collaborating to offer a range of as-a-service solutions designed to help companies seamlessly deploy their hybrid and multi-cloud architectures on Platform Equinix®,” said Mike Campbell, Chief Sales Officer, Equinix. “By combining the HPE GreenLake cloud services with the interconnection capabilities of Equinix Fabric™, customers that require an edge-to-cloud infrastructure can create a digital advantage by connecting to the more than 10,000 clouds, networks, service providers and rich ecosystems currently available on our trusted platform.”
Marketing Technology News: Netflix’s Biggest Competitor is Disney+ in SVOD Business